List of OC we need to call this offseason!!

Advertisement
Rick isn't going to scrap his offensive philosophy no matter what. His solution is to execute better. He's going to make a mediocre hire, has to be someone who thinks just like him. When you have to beg a 60 year old coach who finishes his third year at 5-7 to a hire an OC AND have to give him a short list of candidates because it is a near certainty that he will make a bad hire otherwise, then there is something very very wrong with that picture.

When a head coach is this obstinate and so incredibly bad at hiring staff this far into his long career, he has to go. No two ways about it.

I'm curious - why does anyone think hiring an OC is going to be some panacea? Do you REALLY think Richt is just going to give up what he supposedly loves doing (as well as his son's job, let's not forget that) and hand the reins to someone else? Not gonna happen, and if the school somehow scraped up the cojones to FORCE him to do so, it's not exactly going to result in them singing kumbaya and holding hands. If you want an OC, what you're REALLY saying is that you want a new head coach. So that is what you need to be saying.

Advertisement
I'm curious - why does anyone think hiring an OC is going to be some panacea? Do you REALLY think Richt is just going to give up what he supposedly loves doing (as well as his son's job, let's not forget that) and hand the reins to someone else? Not gonna happen, and if the school somehow scraped up the cojones to FORCE him to do so, it's not exactly going to result in them singing kumbaya and holding hands. If you want an OC, what you're REALLY saying is that you want a new head coach. So that is what you need to be saying.

CMR already said giving up play calling was a big mistake.

I guess people think he didn't really mean what he said.

This is why he has to be fired.

Who wants to bet we go for Mike Bobo as OC? I wouldn't be surprised to see Colorado St fire him this year. And Richt would probably jump to bring his buddy on staff with him.

Advertisement
NO! N to the effin O NO. Richt has to go. I'm sorry. He's done.

You don't get rid of cancer by cutting part of it out. You have to get rid of it altogether, and even then you might not be out of the woods.

We need to man up and do what Louisville did with Petrino and get rid of this bum. 2-3 losses ago I felt differently, but Richt doubled down on his stupidity, which means we need to keep it real ourselves.

Adios Richt!!! Go sell some medicines ******!!

This is where I'm at as well. I know it won't happen but I have zero faith in Richt hiring a guy like Briles even Briles called him first. At best we get Mike Bobo, at worst Brown is calling plays next year.

Stop grinding your gears.

No top flight up and coming OC would come here to work under RIcht if Richt has to be forced into it. This has disaster written all over it.

We need a new HC. He should be honest with himself and admit that he no longer (if he ever had) has the fire and he is way behind the curve schematically. He should do the right thing and retire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back