List of most dbs in the league

Advertisement
You're amazed because when you're the drum major for the feminine brigrade, and dont know jack schimitt about football nor talent, and continue to be a star ***** and rely on nerd recruiting sites as your source of football knowledge, yep, you'll continue to be amazed!

I see u came up for air after sucking some dyck, huh? And I also see ur still cuuum drunk. Get the fck off my tip, ya bih. Learn to comprehend a comment, and put some lotion on dem ashy knees and band aids on them rug burns, tramp.

Out of those 9 don’t think we have a single starter in the NFL.
Colbert started the season as a starter before having a season ending injury. 49ers are sky high on him.

Rayhawn Jenkins is a regular rotational player for the chargers and started at safety in the playoffs for them

Artie burns started a few games last year

Deon bush started in a playoff game and played **** good in it, regular contributor

Sam shields regular contributer for the rams.

Jamal Carter played a lot in his rookie year before having season ending hamstring injury before the season started.

Corn elder- back up nickel corner

Herb waters- plays with the Steelers as a cb now

So last year 4 who had starts and majority of them outside of 1-2 are regular contributors

Furthermore no one is saying we have been producing the best dbs in recent draft classes right now, that belongs to Ohio state and FSU in recent years in. But we have been putting in some players though. Quality should keep improving IMO

Last edited:
True; but the other schools above Miami will have more as well. Regardless, it still amazes me after all these down years we are still in the upper echelon. We wouldn’t know it by these balls washing analyst, but truly amazing, indeed.

The big difference is how few former coaches we have the league now. We use to put both, now it is just players

Advertisement
Point: our players have been good enough to wn the coarstal.

Counterpoint: but not good enough to compete for titles, and not as good as they should have been if we’d evaluated and recruited better, and we have had major roster holes for years, including tok many unfilled seats for far too long.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
preach

Any elite dbs on that list?

Advertisement
You ansered the question yourself. It’s both coaching (scheme, game planning, play calling, developent) plus roster management, which includes evals, and avoiding depth issues and big holes. And yes, it’s all fixable by a good coach. 100% agreed.

As I have consistently yapped about around here, recruiting and roster management isn’t rocket science. Most of it can be accomplished by planning, effort and discipline. A roster that has too many unused scholarships or too many wasted spots or gaping holes in important areas is unacceptable. It doesn’t take Butch Davis level evals to have a fully utilizable roster. And we dont need 20 first round picks to compete with top programs. But we do need better overall evals and roster management, including line depth and S&C results. It’s all doable.

You’re parsing element of coaching to emphasize a specific point. Howard said it, the only thing stopping Miami from winning NC is coaching. It was true then and remains so. Our failed HCs never get another HC job because they have already proved to everyone that they cannot win a NC. Succeed here and it is the NFL for you. Fail and it is assistant for life. Coker should have taken NFL when offered. Of course those thing you grind on so much are important and necessary. The thing is that here at Miami, everyone knows it is easier not harder to do. Like anything else, if you can’t do it here you just suck. Five years from now, Manny is a NFL HC or back at Poduck LA as DC.

Funny that Clemson has somehow won two of the last three titles and doesn't appear on the list.

Funny that Clemson has somehow won two of the last three titles and doesn't appear on the list.

Advertisement
I see u came up for air after sucking some dyck, huh? And I also see ur still cuuum drunk. Get the fck off my tip, ya bih. Learn to comprehend a comment, and put some lotion on dem ashy knees and band aids on them rug burns, tramp.

Whew weee, must be that time of the month for you, drink some milk!

how many elite players they have regardless of position
Not at all positions but a few dline, qb, receiver is where Clemson most premium talent have come from in the last couple of years. but wr is the only position they consistently produce a bevy of guys and i guess you can now include their dline

Last edited:
what this also proves is that the kids (db) who don't come to Miami and go to say UGA (Campbell) cause it will get them in the league don't know what they are talking about. other schools are doing a great job of trash talking us to south Florida recruits

Advertisement
You’re parsing element of coaching to emphasize a specific point. Howard said it, the only thing stopping Miami from winning NC is coaching. It was true then and remains so. Our failed HCs never get another HC job because they have already proved to everyone that they cannot win a NC. Succeed here and it is the NFL for you. Fail and it is assistant for life. Coker should have taken NFL when offered. Of course those thing you grind on so much are important and necessary. The thing is that here at Miami, everyone knows it is easier not harder to do. Like anything else, if you can’t do it here you just suck. Five years from now, Manny is a NFL HC or back at Poduck LA as DC.
To the contrary, you’re the one trying to obfuscate here. If you think talent doesn’t matter, then you’re smoking crack. If you concede it does matter, then tell me why it's ‘parsing’ to discuss something that matters and is in fact a fundamental part of the team? Ironically, the folks starting these talent comparison threads are in effect conceding talent matters. They and you are just spinning and ducking around the inevitable follow up discussion.

There is nothing remotely controversial about observing that one important aspect of being a good cfb head coach is talent acquisition / roster management, and our last four head corches, in addition to doing other parts of their job poorly, left a lot to be desired at these aspects of their job.

What is really going on here is you and others are back to convincing yourself that Miami is an easy job. I hear this every time we need a new coach, and have said it’s false since Coker skipped around our sidelines. It is not an easy job, and it is most certainly not the case that any average coach can win big at Miami. There is no reason to believe that.

Point: our players have been good enough to wn the coarstal.

Counterpoint: but not good enough to compete for titles, and not as good as they should have been if we’d evaluated and recruited better, and we have had major roster holes for years, including tok many unfilled seats for far too long.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I think Quan/Redwine/Jackson combo was 'ship talent. The point stands but inching closer.

preach

Any elite dbs on that list?
We’ve had some very solid DBs over the past decade. Maybe not ST level, but no one is. We were spoiled to have the two best safeties ever to play football overlap in the early ‘00s.

Our DBs have been solid mostly, despite some truly Godawful evals and recruiting decisions by Shannon and Gluten. Not NFL elite but CFB plus to elite. Elder was really good. Bush. Jaquan. Burns. Howard and MJ were solid. We’ve had to play some guys early, and nothing explains Larry Hope or Kacy Rodgers or Keion Payne. But our issues should never be DB when our staff is doing its job.

Advertisement
Back