Lingard tweet

Advertisement
Right now He's pure genius...

and much richer than he was but his old man sold all the Church's and Popeyes before he died for over a billion dollars but they reserved the rights to the spices on both.The family also has a bunch of Copelands high end restaurants so they're all doing pretty well

Excited to see Lorenzo play. He is the future RB1. Will add elite top end speed at the position (which we've been sorely missing).

With quite a few players sitting out the Bowl, it would be a great way to generate fan interest & really see what you've got in terms of assets to play Tate, Lingard & a host of the talented young guys. It will make the Bowl game fun instead of trotting out the same unenthusiastic loafers to sleepwalk through the game (very much hoping Manny avoids that mistake & anyone loafing in the game should be benched immediately in favor of someone willing to bust their a@@ to win).
I don't see how Martell should see the field at any position. He has been in and out of practice and games all season. This is a fundamental problem with Diaz establishing culture. If you let players miss practice, quit the program and come back, then what message and culture are you establishing for the team?

If you're a kid who works his *** off all season never missing a practice or game and have Diaz play a guy over you who has missed multiple practices and games, then what is your motivation? There are no consequences and winning becomes unimportant.

Last edited:
let him have 20 touches , he's a game changer..... no one else is currently as good as he can be

Advertisement
Good coaches keep their talented, highly recruited players involved and engaged even if they just get a few plays here and there. To keep very talented player like Lingard (and others) completely away from the field is IMO a coaching failure.
the staff is a total failure at this point, only hope is that Blake and Carol go as well

I don't see how Martell should see the field at any position. He has been in and out of practice and games all season. This is a fundamental problem with Diaz establishing culture. If you let players miss practice, quit the program and come back, then what message and culture are you establishing for the team?

If you're a kid who works his *** off all season never missing a practice or game and have Diaz plays a guy over you who has missed multiple practices and games, then what is your motivation? There are no consequences and winning becomes unimportant.
So you want to start Perry? We know what he can do. Let's see what Tate does as QB1. This bowl game means nothing anyway.

So you want to start Perry? We know what he can do. Let's see what Tate does as QB1. This bowl game means nothing anyway.
Martell hasn't been with the team day in and day out and doesn't deserve to play in the bowl game. Whatever his issues are, he should get healthy and make a fresh start in the Spring. This is the problem with this program. NO accountability. Diaz said there would be a QB competition for the starter of the bowl game. How do you plug a guy in there that's missed so much time in and out and hasn't even taken reps at QB? But, you think he should start? That's a joke and an insult to the guys that grind it out in practice every day. How do you place trust in a guy that isn't there everyday? How do expect the team to react to getting something that wasn't earned? Again, this is part of the problem of creating a bad culture, losing the respect of your players, and creating division in your locker room. You can't create a culture with words. It's only created with actions.

How soon people forget that Willis sat out his Rsh Junior year, but balled out as a practice player. He was there every day. He didn't complain. He just got better and ready for the next year.

Advertisement
Martell hasn't been with the team day in and day out and doesn't deserve to play in the bowl game. Whatever his issues are, he should get healthy and make a fresh start in the Spring. This is the problem with this program. NO accountability. Diaz said there would be a QB competition for the starter of the bowl game. How do you plug a guy in there that's missed so much time in and out and hasn't even taken reps at QB? But, you think he should start? That's a joke and an insult to the guys that grind it out in practice every day. How do you place trust in a guy that isn't there everyday? How do expect the team to react to getting something that wasn't earned? Again, this is part of the problem of creating a bad culture, losing the respect of your players, and creating division in your locker room. You can't create a culture with words. It's only created with actions.

How soon people forget that Willis sat out his Rsh Junior year, but balled out as a practice player. He was there every day. He didn't complain. He just got better and ready for the next year.
Thanks for the elaborate explanation, but I got your point my man. I agree it’s ultimately going to take that mentality to establish a winning culture.
I dunno why exactly Tate wasn’t with the team. I do know he was sold a bill of goods to transfer here. It’s just silly not to make up a game plan for kids like him, Lo, Payton, etc when there’s nothing to lose. The whole offensive staff has their jobs on the line. The bowl game should be about exploration and creativity. It should be Penos and his staff’s last stand. They need to prove they can do more than smash a square peg in a round hole.
You start with the mental aspect in the spring and all offseason. It’s too late to make those changes in 2-3 weeks.

thats why JT and JW shouldn't have been allowed back when they messed up this year.

If you're a kid who works his *** off all season never missing a practice or game and have Diaz play a guy over you who has missed multiple practices and games, then what is your motivation? There are no consequences and winning becomes unimportant.
Man, it's hard to argue against any of that.

Advertisement
Thanks for the elaborate explanation, but I got your point my man. I agree it’s ultimately going to take that mentality to establish a winning culture.
I dunno why exactly Tate wasn’t with the team. I do know he was sold a bill of goods to transfer here. It’s just silly not to make up a game plan for kids like him, Lo, Payton, etc when there’s nothing to lose. The whole offensive staff has their jobs on the line. The bowl game should be about exploration and creativity. It should be Penos and his staff’s last stand. They need to prove they can do more than smash a square peg in a round hole.
You start with the mental aspect in the spring and all offseason. It’s too late to make those changes in 2-3 weeks.
Also hard to argue with any of that. Lol

We’ve been rolling with “the guy who practices and prepares best all week” for every game and it hasn’t panned out. Here’s an idea, give Martell some action and see if its successful. When Kosi was pulled at Pitt, they opted for a hurt Williams over a healthy Martell. Kid never even saw mop up duty, no wonder his mind wasn’t in it.

Advertisement
We’ve been rolling with “the guy who practices and prepares best all week” for every game and it hasn’t panned out. Here’s an idea, give Martell some action and see if its successful. When Kosi was pulled at Pitt, they opted for a hurt Williams over a healthy Martell. Kid never even saw mop up duty, no wonder his mind wasn’t in it.

Williams wasn’t hurt going into the Pitt game. They said he didn’t start due to the fact that he didn’t take his preparation seriously that week.

So basically, yeah, they might as well just go ahead and roll with Tate in the Shrevepit bowl.

Advertisement
Back