Lingard injury question

chris2183l

Recruit
I'm sure it's been discussed on here in the past but was it ever confirmed what type of knee injury Lingard had? Was it MCL??

Advertisement
Advertisement
No mcl is usually 4 to 6 months and when your back you are really back

4-6 months? Where does your doctor practice? The Sudan?

Lingard is fine. I really have no idea what the insane secrecy surrounding his injury was...I mean he's playing football and he got hurt. What's the big cover up? But really, the only thing I cared about was an ACL injury. Everything else (outside of something very uncommon like a patella tear or something) is no big deal and would not jeopardize his 2019 season at all. Everyone I've spoken to said he did NOT have an ACL injury. So nothing else is significant. He should be full go already, but certainly by fall.

Advertisement
I remember Randall Cunningham tore his PCL and he was never the same after it.
I tore my MCL 100% and almost a completely torn PCL. Did not really feel that much pain and did not get a operation but not the same. It really depends on the rest of the injuries in the knee like how far out they were torn away. Just enough to tear or really torn an inch away or more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember Randall Cunningham tore his PCL and he was never the same after it.

Cunningham didn't just have an isolated PCL tear. He tore multiple ligaments in addition to the PCL that they attempted to reconstruct. Trust me when I tell you that more often than not, pcl tears are left alone.

I tore my MCL 100% and almost a completely torn PCL. Did not really feel that much pain and did not get a operation but not the same. It really depends on the rest of the injuries in the knee like how far out they were torn away. Just enough to tear or really torn an inch away or more.
It effects everyone differently.
I’ve had multiple football knee injuries. The first major one was an ACL tear in my right knee. The surgery was done by the Jaguars team doctor at the time. It was a year recovery back in the mid 90s. The second was MCL, ACL, and both meniscus’s in the left knee.
Here’s the kicker. The first injury I was a serious d1 prospect and the hit was from a future NFL CB. The 2nd was worse and was during a tryout. The moron that kicked me reminds me of none other than Robert Knowles playing football. His sorry **** dived at my waist and completely whiffed other than his foot hitting my knee. He extended his foot after he whiffed in a kick motion. Let’s just say I’d still be in prison if I could’ve walked after that happened.
I hope Lo comes back better than ever. The kid has so much heart and an elite work ethic. If he keeps it up he’s on the way to gold jacket.

Advertisement
Back