Lingard fastest 300m hurdles in FL this year

My Ambassador is one of those dudes who gets faster over longer distances. That tells me he's strong and fit.

Might not be the quickest guy in short areas, but he'll be the type of guy who will gash you for 70 in the 4th quarter when everyone else is sucking wind.
His 4.34 shuttle at the most recent Opening event tells me he has more the enough short area quickness for his size/build. I like his numbers more and more. And, his tape is what it is.
His 40 time isn't elite. His 300m hurdle time is. My comment wasn't meant to shortchange my Ambassador in any way. Usually, a guy who is so dominant at that distance in hurdles at that size is a super fit naturally strong guy. He will kill people in the 4th quarter.

This. I don't know as much about track as Dapper. But I respect anyone who can complete a 300m hurdle without face planting into cardiac arrest. A high school junior running 37.26 at the Ambassador's size is an elite athlete with real man balls.

Lots of tired opponents gonna be eating my Ambassador's knees in the 4th quarter over the next few years.

Advertisement
My Ambassador is one of those dudes who gets faster over longer distances. That tells me he's strong and fit.

Might not be the quickest guy in short areas, but he'll be the type of guy who will gash you for 70 in the 4th quarter when everyone else is sucking wind.
His 4.34 shuttle at the most recent Opening event tells me he has more the enough short area quickness for his size/build. I like his numbers more and more. And, his tape is what it is.
His 40 time isn't elite. His 300m hurdle time is. My comment wasn't meant to shortchange my Ambassador in any way. Usually, a guy who is so dominant at that distance in hurdles at that size is a super fit naturally strong guy. He will kill people in the 4th quarter.

This. I don't know as much about track as Dapper. But I respect anyone who can complete a 300m hurdle without face planting into cardiac arrest. A high school junior running 37.26 at the Ambassador's size is an elite athlete with real man balls.

Lots of tired opponents gonna be eating my Ambassador's knees in the 4th quarter over the next few years.

To me, being fast in the 300 hurdles is more related to this than to speed.

The only track times that I think have any relevance to football speed are 60m, 100m, and 110m hurdles, in that order. With the latter 2, I want to see a blazing fast time before I draw the conclusion that someone is fast on a football field - I'd say 10.5 or better in the 100m and 13.8 or better in the hurdles. I'm not saying anyone slower than those times is slow on a football field, but since 100m/110m is longer than you'll ever run on a football field, you have to be careful of the sprinters who can pass runners at the 60m/70m mark or beyond - that speed is useless on a football field. If you're running 10.5 or better in the 100m in h.s., you're probably in the top 40-50 in the country, and you have to be pretty **** fast throughout the race to finish with that time. 13.8 or better in the 110m hurdles is probably around top 20 in the country for h.s. in any given year. Top to bottom, hurdlers aren't as fast as sprinters - hence top 20ish vs. top 40ish.

As for 60m, 7.0 or better is pretty **** fast (probably top 60-80 in the country for h.s. in any given year). That's the point where I'd say someone can outrun angles against a lot of collegiate defenses. Lingard is just about there at 7.02 for a personal best in the 60 (to give a comparison, I believe Duke Johnson's best 60m time in college was 6.92, but he only participated during one indoor season). I'd say that means more in terms of football than his times in the 100m, 110mH, or 300mH, and, even then, I wouldn't say a 60m time means a lot - unless you're Jacoby Ford and run sub 6.6.

But all of this is just like, my opinion, man.

Man, preach. He and Davis are perfect complements, too. So incredibly exciting to have that type of talent on our side again. Not having to pray for "breaks."

And to remember that Gurley was a world class hurdler in high school in the 110. His vision on the football really sets him apart.

On the FL track site this early season-- exceeded Thomas Burns 38.03

Feb 11, 2017---300mH-- 37.29 ---LORENZO LINGARD---Orange City University HS---Sanford-Seminole Open at the NTC

Hey CarolCityHigh, you seem pretty in tune with track. Based on your experience, which track event/events tend to portend the greatest football success?

Advertisement

Man, preach. He and Davis are perfect complements, too. So incredibly exciting to have that type of talent on our side again. Not having to pray for "breaks."

Starting to shape up like a Miami worthy depth chart at RB. It can happen quick though, look at our DL we went from pathetic to flirting with top 5 real quick.

Advertisement

Feb 11, 2017---300mH-- 37.29 ---LORENZO LINGARD---Orange City University HS---Sanford-Seminole Open at the NTC

It was raining with a cross wind as well out there. Should be around 36.7 in a couple weeks.

Advertisement
Yeah, it's early in the track season. Generally you'll see faster times as the season progresses in most events, even the sprints.

37 is fast. If he breaks into the 36ish range is crazy.

I do find it hard that the guy runs a 7 in the 60M but a 4.6 in the 40.

In the 2016 track season Lingrad had an official 100m in 10.80 meeting the national elite standard of 10.80 for that event. So he cannot have a terrible 40 and have that time. As previously mentioned by CCH and others often 35% or more of people will not run the 40 at these Nike's even HS sprinters for fear of a bad time. Heck even Anthony Schwartz of A.H. who has an official 10.26--100m ran "only" a 4.51--40 at last years Nike and Mike Harley know for his short burst quickness ran an official 10.78--100m last year at at the same combine that year also posted a 4.51--40.

Practice in the Nike 40 is essential. T. Bandy ran a 4.68 at the A.H. Combine last March. He went to Oregon for the Nike nationals in June where they are there for almost a week and are shown how to run the form for the best time and he posted a 4.51 there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]840022991169847296[/TWEET]

He's not coming close to the Florida record which is 35.39 by Bershawn Jackson. The Florida state meet record is like a 36.01 or something by Jackson too. His overall record for a Florida athlete won't be broken by Lingard. Thomas burns may have a chance next year as a senior. I know Batman used to train with Artie and I'm sure he's helping Thomas

Advertisement
Back