Lingard fastest 300m hurdles in FL this year

[TWEET]840022991169847296[/TWEET]

He's not coming close to the Florida record which is 35.39 by Bershawn Jackson. The Florida state meet record is like a 36.01 or something by Jackson too. His overall record for a Florida athlete won't be broken by Lingard. Thomas burns may have a chance next year as a senior. I know Batman used to train with Artie and I'm sure he's helping Thomas

Thomas Burns 36.04 300m hurdles!

Seems like somebody's already pretty **** close.

Advertisement

He's not coming close to the Florida record which is 35.39 by Bershawn Jackson. The Florida state meet record is like a 36.01 or something by Jackson too. His overall record for a Florida athlete won't be broken by Lingard. Thomas burns may have a chance next year as a senior. I know Batman used to train with Artie and I'm sure he's helping Thomas

Its tough to drop time once you get close to 36. The state meet record is slower because it's the middle of May, hot as ****, and you run prelims and finals of the 110 and 300 hurdles prelims before the final for the 300 hurdles. I wanna say Bershawn was at 35.7 or something as a junior and he ran a 35.39 as a senior. That was at a meet like the golden west out in Cali or somewhere. We will see what Thomas can do but dropping under a 35.4 is hard to do and only a handful of guys have ever done it. I'd say 5 or less in HS ever

Its tough to drop time once you get close to 36. The state meet record is slower because it's the middle of May, hot as ****, and you run prelims and finals of the 110 and 300 hurdles prelims before the final for the 300 hurdles. I wanna say Bershawn was at 35.7 or something as a junior and he ran a 35.39 as a senior. That was at a meet like the golden west out in Cali or somewhere. We will see what Thomas can do but dropping under a 35.4 is hard to do and only a handful of guys have ever done it. I'd say 5 or less in HS ever

Do guys at this level travel? Any chance for a meet up north were the weather wouldn't be so brutal?

Loved watching Batman in the Olympics

Do guys at this level travel? Any chance for a meet up north were the weather wouldn't be so brutal?

They go out to California or Oregon for that later in the season. To run good times with perfect temperatures. I wanna say Bershawn ran his 35.39 either in like April or May in California. Florida can have some perfect conditions for meets but it's usually this month and April. Some kids will run great regardless but their times would be better in ideal situations

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back