lineup changes

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
1. Toral needs to sit. Feast or famine is mostly famine now. He's been terrible in ACC play (reminds me of last season). .154 and leading the team in strikeouts.

2. Jenkins needs to be moved up in the order... something has clearly clicked offensively and you need to run with the hot hand.

3. Gates and Amditis are mashing and need to be in the middle of the order.

Maybe something like this:

1. Jenkins- CF
2. Lala- LF
3. Zamora- SS
4. Gil - 1B
5. Gates- DH
6. Amditis- C
7. Del - RF
8. Vilar- 2B
9. Escala- 3B

Advertisement
I'll keep playing the game (In the unlikelihood that Toral is EVER benched)...

1. Lala- LF - Best leadoff guy we have, based on a typical definition of leadoff guy.
2. Escala- 3B - If we are benching Toral, which WE ARE NOT, we would want to protect Escala until he is comfortably doing what he did in stretches last season.
3. Zamora- SS - I wish this guy could field.
4. Del Castillo - RF - No need for words.
5. Gates- DH - He is earning his stripes.
6. Gil - 1B - Just a solid ball player that we have seen in previous years blossom with experience. I want him protecting the kids before him. Kids? This guy is a sophomore!
7. Amditis- C - I am still not sold on his bat. But his defense has him in the lineup over Quinones.
8. Jenkins- CF - This spot can still be Rivera's if Jenkins returns to normal next week. Remember, he has only shown us one week of solid hitting.
9. Vilar- 2B - Solid performer that can move the needle at the "2nd leadoff" spot.

And I still feel there should be an unseen competition for that 3rd OF spot. Something to improve that spot. Like practice on Greentree, you fight your way into a spot every day. Fight to keep that spot as well.

Why are you convinced Toral will continue to start? We have depth, and he has been by far the worst performing hitter in ACC play.

Hunch on coaching staff
They stayed with him throughout a .161 season last year. Toral's 14 HR will probably also be of influence. He has improved over last year, but how is the improvement perceived in the clubhouse? I think they are still high on him (highly regarded HS star).
Now, we can discuss if the recent 7th inning sub process is either for defensive purposes or both offensive and defensive. Interesting topic as Escala was a huge strikeout victim last season similar to Toral.
If you have Escala in for the most important innings of the game, why not have him play the whole time? There's a question the media could ask of our skipper.

Advertisement
His OPS in ACC games is .621 (which is terrible). Keeping him in the lineup because he did well against Rutgers, UMBC and FIU is silly.

His OPS in ACC games is .621 (which is terrible). Keeping him in the lineup because he did well against Rutgers, UMBC and FIU is silly.

You're essentially benching two guys, Rivera (.998 OPS) and Toral (.932), and replacing them with two lesser hitters in Escala and Jenkins.

And what's more is that you're moving one of the lightest hitting guys on the team to the lead-off spot because he had one good weekend.

The offense has been really good over the last 10 games or so but for some reason you want to ***** with it.

Advertisement
Not anticipating Toral being removed (should bat 9th) but do expect to see Escala replace him in late innings moving forward. Could also see Jenkins replace Rivera similarly.

My two cents:

Lala .300
Vilar .317
Zamora .317
Del .318
Gil .372
Gates .390
Amditis .278
Rivera .314
Toral .231

Not anticipating Toral being removed (should bat 9th) but do expect to see Escala replace him in late innings moving forward. Could also see Jenkins replace Rivera similarly.

My two cents:

Lala .300
Vilar .317
Zamora .317
Del .318
Gil .372
Gates .390
Amditis .278
Rivera .314
Toral .231

Wow, you still aren't giving Jenkins a start? You're tough.

I won't be surprised if Gino goes with Jenkins over Rivera.

Another potential option with Zamora scuffling and Gates coming on recently.

Lala - LF
Zamora - SS
Del - RF
Gil - 3B
Gates - DH
Vilar - 2B
Amditis - C
Toral - 1B
Jenkins - CF

Advertisement
Advertisement
It took Amditis 3 years, but good for him. Now I feel so humiliated. :rolleyes:

The guy had only played in 30 games his first two years. So he missed 73% of the games in his first two years.

But you had seen enough to call him a bust and implore him to transfer.

Now, there's a redemption story here.

You've now seen enough of him to claim that he's mashing and should move up the lineup.

You're a totally reliable source.

What's wrong with you? I have no idea who you are. Stop replying to my posts.

So now a person has to know who someone else is to understand their criticism?

You have some of the worst judgement of anybody on this forum and there's a lot of competition for that title.

Advertisement
Back