Linebackers

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Premium
I was shocked how much better LSU's group was. They were on another level physically too.

Shaq and Pinckney might not even be 2nd string there. Hopefully this ends any thoughts those 2 had of leaving early. They have a long way to go, as does most of our defense

Advertisement
Shaq was the one who told Jennings to go outside which along with Knowles over pursuit allowed the 50 yard TD run. Nice heady play call there.

Other than Phillips none of LSU lbs impressed me..including their supposed beast in #40...he wasnt as fast as they called as Rosier outran him a few times.
Our lbs played bad tonight i agree....

In their defense, the LBs in our scheme are simply pawns for Diaz blitz scheme. None of them are coached on fundamentals, bc Diaz is more interested in fancy crap. Reminds me of Gregg Williams. All sizzle no steak.

In their defense, the LBs in our scheme are simply pawns for Diaz blitz scheme. None of them are coached on fundamentals, bc Diaz is more interested in fancy crap. Reminds me of Gregg Williams. All sizzle no steak.

Good post but they also are not elite athletes.

We kind of overhype them.

Shaq and Pinkney are just OK. They have limitations.

LOL at McCloud.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean our supposed "stud" LBs get rotated out every 5 to 6 plays. I dont know how you develop a flow for the game....Dont get me wrong i think they are a lil overrated. But got **** are they the ****** STARTERS OR NOT! What is this little league flag football

Seriously have Pinckney, Quarterman and McCloud gotten any better since their freshmen year? Our LBs are non existent in this defense. Who's the LB coach anyway? Oh yeah nevermind.

I was shocked how much better LSU's group was. They were on another level physically too.

Shaq and Pinckney might not even be 2nd string there. Hopefully this ends any thoughts those 2 had of leaving early. They have a long way to go, as does most of our defense

So overrated. Last year our dl really helped them out alot but were still over hyped. They looked awful tonight

Advertisement
Jesus mannn.. idk. Maybe I'll watch again but their OL was getting to our LBs with ease. I'm not saying shaq and Mike had great games but LSU overpowered us up front period! And their RB was nice too.. aside from Willis the rest of the boys upfront didnt come to fight

Shaq was the one who told Jennings to go outside which along with Knowles over pursuit allowed the 50 yard TD run. Nice heady play call there.
I hear you but Shaq was only telling where to blitz from according to the call made by Coach Diaz. Diaz had Jaquan blitzing from the same exact side and they both were lined up ineffectively to impact the play. As Jaquan chased Brosette to the end zone he was shaking his head at the defensive call and how he was taken out of the play. Our coaching is very suspect. That play was on Diaz feast or famine D. He guessed wrong

I hear you but Shaq was only telling where to blitz from according to the call made by Coach Diaz. Diaz had Jaquan blitzing from the same exact side and they both were lined up ineffectively to impact the play. As Jaquan chased Brosette to the end zone he was shaking his head at the defensive call and how he was taken out of the play. Our coaching is very suspect. That play was on Diaz feast or famine D. He guessed wrong

It was totally unnecessary to blitz like that at that time.

But Im not so sure JJ wasnt shaking his head at Knowles not the call.

Advertisement
It was totally unnecessary to blitz like that at that time.

But Im not so sure JJ wasnt shaking his head at Knowles not the call.
JJ also knowles the blitz was unnecessary and that it took him (our trusted last line of defense) out of the play. Blitz LBs if U gonna guess, don’t ever blitz your All-American safety net. JJ has zero expectations for Knowles performance, a guard pulled on that play and made it all the way to Knowles who was cheating up and got taken out. Can’t blame Knowles for not knowing.

JJ also knowles the blitz was unnecessary and that it took him (our trusted last line of defense) out of the play. Blitz LBs if U gonna guess, don’t ever blitz your All-American safety net. JJ has zero expectations for Knowles performance, a guard pulled on that play and made it all the way to Knowles who was cheating up and got taken out. Can’t blame Knowles for not knowing.

What?

Knowles decided to go engage the blocker rather than attack the RB. Watch the play again. It's bizarre how he just takes himself out of the play. He did the same **** vs GT last year.

No more apologies for Knowles. He sucks and playing him should be a fireable offense

Linebackers ? did Miami have those on the field ? it was hard to tell sometimes.

Advertisement
What?

Knowles decided to go engage the blocker rather than attack the RB. Watch the play again. It's bizarre how he just takes himself out of the play. He did the same **** vs GT last year.

No more apologies for Knowles. He sucks and playing him should be a fireable offense
That’s exactly what I’m trying to say. I don’t have any expectations for a decent performance from Knowles, and when you add to that the fact that there was a blocker designed to take him out on that play, I can’t even blame him, he shouldn’t even be on the field and Diaz called the crazy blitz that the run was made for.

The context of my post was my reaction to Shaq getting partially blamed for the 50 yard run TD. My argument is that above all else, Diaz was the culprit, that’s all.

What?

Knowles definitely took himself out that play

Advertisement
Back