Linebackers discussion thread

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
I KNOW that I'm not the only one concerned about this group with Bama right around the corner. @DMoney and/or @Cribby would you guys mind providing an update on how these guys are progressing? 'Preciate it, fellas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What updates do we expect? — that D$ saw a few backers at an NIL event and their autograph stroke reminded him of Stacy Coley gliding through the Greentree grass like a gazelle?

Camp hasn’t started yet!

This thread won’t end well AKA CIS style. But LB recruiting and play has sucked for a bit. We need some serious influx of talent and play!!

Advertisement
Huff was beginning to come around during spring I thought.

Is there any hope for Huff at WLB and Keontra at MLB?

How about bare minimum : when’s camp start ?
Canes site realistic expectation: what’s plan A, Plan B , etc w personnel on LBs?
Flagg looks ready to lead ? Somebody else is gonna show up And surprise? ***** it, we going 7 DBs!!!!! Lol

Advertisement
it's that old line, "UM is just two linebackers away from having a good unit -- Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan."

on a serious note, I just hope we are average at LB this year ,because that would represent a significant upgrade from 2020

this goes without saying, but i'll say it again and anyways, after rewatching most of our 2020 games again over the last few days, our LB play sucked in 2020. wrong gaps, over committing, under committing, late to make a read, wrong reads, lazy pays. i dont recall seeing worse LB play, except at the kendall boys and girls club.

Advertisement
I'd like to see Brooks moved to WLB and Smith at SLB. I think the best way to use Brooks is to give him the freedom that Pinckney had and I think Smith can do a better job covering backs or tight ends since he's "moving over" from striker. Brooks needs freedom to blitz and use his athleticism.
I still don't think Flagg is the playmaker we need at MLB but I also don't think we have a better option.

My money is on Tyler Johnson to end up as the best out of what we have so far.
We going to eventually have to put JW there. Thing is off his tape it seems he doesn't like to mix it up in there. Linebacker recruiting has been Rumph like for a few years already.

Advertisement
Back