Lindy's preseason Magazine

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
I was fine with their predictions (#19 in nation) but one thing I didnt quite get...

In the unit rankings( they rank the top ten for each unit) they had our offensive line as #8 overall OL in the nation. They did not have our defensive line ranked.

Did I miss something over the last few months?

Advertisement
Not saying they are the best but I like Sporting News CFB preview magazine

Never cared for Lindy's

I was fine with their predictions (#19 in nation) but one thing I didnt quite get...

In the unit rankings( they rank the top ten for each unit) they had our offensive line as #8 overall OL in the nation. They did not have our defensive line ranked.

The mere fact that they don't rank our DL in their top 10 tells me they don't do much offseason research and therefore have zero credibility.

Advertisement
Some of these ppl just don't have a clue.. If they ranked DLs in CFB and never had Miami's group on their SOMEBODY doesn't know the facts (they just going on word of mouth)!! BUT I think that's a good thing too, our boys can by unknown and shock the ppl that don't believe that they are amongst the best..

This guy?

triple-lindy-2.gif

lbJpOId.gif

Maybe that is a misquote and they meant the DL? It happens, that or they are clueless!

Advertisement
Prediction:

LT McDermott
LG Gauthier
C Linder
RG Darling
RT St. Louis

Donaldson, Herbert, Gaynor, Hillery, Brown off the bench

Prediction:

LT McDermott
LG Gauthier
C Linder
RG Darling
RT St. Louis

Donaldson, Herbert, Gaynor, Hillery, Brown off the bench

Donaldson's not giving up the starting guard spot. Gauthier has to beat out Linder at C to start. He's a better athlete than Nick, but has to get that snap right, or he's rotating in. And he's not a better option vs. either Darling or Donaldson.

The OL over the last 5 games included McDermott at LT, Gauthier at LG, St. Louis at RT. I think Searels may want to roll with that combo.

If Linder can play reasonably well in camp he's the center IMO. Smart kid with a ton of experience. Searels likes him. I do believe that Darling will overcome the adversity and start at RG. Donaldson will obviously play a lot if he isn't the starter. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. The young guys will play a lot against Bethune and Ark St.

Either way Donaldson, Darling, Linder will play a lot.

Advertisement
Hopefully, Linder's knows as much about fornicating as they do the Canes - and will eventually die off without issue/offspring.

The OL over the last 5 games included McDermott at LT, Gauthier at LG, St. Louis at RT. I think Searels may want to roll with that combo.

If Linder can play reasonably well in camp he's the center IMO. Smart kid with a ton of experience. Searels likes him. I do believe that Darling will overcome the adversity and start at RG. Donaldson will obviously play a lot if he isn't the starter. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. The young guys will play a lot against Bethune and Ark St.

You keep repeating this nonsense about Donaldson not starting because of some made up loyalty you think Searles has to the seniors. How's Odogwu looking at RT?

Advertisement

You keep repeating this nonsense about Donaldson not starting because of some made up loyalty you think Searles has to the seniors. How's Odogwu looking at RT?

I was wrong about Odogwu.

If I'm wrong about Linder I'll admit that too.

However, St. Louis pretty well had RT locked down.

Can't really say that about Gauthier at center after the spring with no competition and trouble snapping.

And you can't question Searels' loyalty to Linder. He rolled with him over Gall for whatever reason until his body literally broke.

Advertisement
Back