Likens and the WRs

DB4

Freshman
While the wide receivers still have a way to go, the improvement they've shown in the last three games compared to the first five has been nothing short of amazing. I don't know if it's just on the players or just on Likens, but I think they both deserve a ton of credit. They've gone from a liability to - at the very least - average to slightly above average.

Advertisement
I don't know if we get him for at least one more season, but he is clearly the goods! If we could just hold onto him for one more season, that might be enough to reset the entire WR room's DNA. We need that.

Advertisement
They’ve gotten better. Still think we should start utilizing the young guys
Think with the recent performance of the WRs plus all of the Covid **** added to a short preseason... we wont see the young ones getting proper playing time until next season (maybe).

He needs to coach the receivers to come back for the ball. Wiggins wanted that one pass to just fall in his bread basket. If he comes back to it , he either gets a reception or a flag. Drive extended

He needs to coach the receivers to come back for the ball. Wiggins wanted that one pass to just fall in his bread basket. If he comes back to it , he either gets a reception or a flag. Drive extended
I’m sure Likens has never mentioned to the guys to come back to the ball. He’s the one WR coach on the entire planet at any level that doesn’t stress it.

They’ve gotten better. Still think we should start utilizing the young guys
I was just about to post this. We rotate too much at some positions (imo-like linebacker), yet we don't rotate at WR at all which is a position i do feel has young talent that needs to be developed.

Advertisement
I don't know if we get him for at least one more season, but he is clearly the goods! If we could just hold onto him for one more season, that might be enough to reset the entire WR room's DNA. We need that.
Next guy gotta be the goods when he leaves for sure. Thought about also maybe keeping him on as OC if Lashlee gets poached but I’m hesitant since his offenses at ASU weren’t the best (also u get the best guy available ofc)

He’s certainly earned his paycheck and I personally love the guy, high energy and truly cares about the players. Helps that he recruits well and he develops phenomenally imo

I was just about to post this. We rotate too much at some positions (imo-like linebacker), yet we don't rotate at WR at all which is a position i do feel has young talent that needs to be developed.
Yup Keyshawn Smith gets by every DB and yet he doesn’t play. X has wiggle but nothing from him

Wiggins dropped the RPO that would have been a TD and I feel like there was 1 other drop from Harley but the unit has certainly stepped up since Clemson. Not sure what happened to 88, we haven't seen him for a few games now. 12 is an afterthought and the TEs weren't part of the gameplan today. I don't get that at all. The offense was very mediocre today

I think the WR's will have to perform for us to win. Any D Coordinator looking to scheme against our offense will do the obvious things we've been seeing. (take away/bracket the tight ends, keep King in the pocket, and make him throw to WR's in one on one coverage.)

Advertisement
Credit and recognition is warranted. We were hard on em early on, but their play has improved substantially.

Still light years away from what Miami WRs should be, but they are turning into a serviceable group.

Now to turn the corner to reliable.

Wiggins, Harley, and Pope may be getting good stats right now, but they are doing nothing special at all imo. They're just average at best right now. If Payton and Smith were the starters, do I think they'd be producing the same as those guys? Yes.

Advertisement
Timing between King and our WRs was off early in the year, largely because of COVID and the lack of Spring reps; but you can tell that they are starting to build a rapport and it’s showing on the field. If we’re lucky enough to get King back for another season I expect our passing game to take off next season.

Advertisement
Back