Like I told you cats, Two more years....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
This team is going to be LETHAL in two years.

This is a bunch of Frosh and Sophomores. These kids have more heart than any team we have had in years here. They got rocked at KSU and fell apart on the road, but this team is responding. They didnt quit today. Most of our problems have been self inflicted. Bad passes, dumb penalties, blown assignments and turnovers. Once these kids gain some experience, and continue to develop physically, this team is going to be an MNC contender.

If we can get a few more talented bodies at DT, and a serviceable QB, the core of this team is there to be something very special in the next two years. Duke is going to be a Heisman candidate here. Dorsett has speed, and will only get better. Our young DBs make mistakes, but they have been improving. Im REALLY excited with what Ive seen of Eddie Johnson and Denzel Perryman. Chick is getting better and is going to be a great DE here. Tariq McCord is going to be a baller when he puts some size on.

We definitely need to get some TEs though. Dyron Dye has no business being out on the field. Kid is just awful. Walford looks to be a decent set of hands, nothing out of this world, and he's slow as molasses, but if we can just get him to catch the ball accross the middle, he's going to give us another good option for the passing game. Hurns is another baller who is going to be a solid WR for us.

Tell you what, if we can handle our business next week against NC State, were going to be 4-1 and 3-0 in the ACC. For a season that was already penciled in to be a disaster, its not a bad place for a young team to be in.

These kids are only going to get better. We have a LOT of young talent on this team. We just need some continuity, guys to stay healthy, and a few key pieces on the DL, and at QB.

GREAT win today. GREAT comeback.

Advertisement
Advertisement
may I add that Dorsett cover up the cot dam ball when he's running free and getting walked down from the back side? second time he's put it on the grass in similar situations

money post
This team is going to be LETHAL in two years.

This is a bunch of Frosh and Sophomores. These kids have more heart than any team we have had in years here. They got rocked at KSU and fell apart on the road, but this team is responding. They didnt quit today. Most of our problems have been self inflicted. Bad passes, dumb penalties, blown assignments and turnovers. Once these kids gain some experience, and continue to develop physically, this team is going to be an MNC contender.

If we can get a few more talented bodies at DT, and a serviceable QB, the core of this team is there to be something very special in the next two years. Duke is going to be a Heisman candidate here. Dorsett has speed, and will only get better. Our young DBs make mistakes, but they have been improving. Im REALLY excited with what Ive seen of Eddie Johnson and Denzel Perryman. Chick is getting better and is going to be a great DE here. Tariq McCord is going to be a baller when he puts some size on.

We definitely need to get some TEs though. Dyron Dye has no business being out on the field. Kid is just awful. Walford looks to be a decent set of hands, nothing out of this world, and he's slow as molasses, but if we can just get him to catch the ball accross the middle, he's going to give us another good option for the passing game. Hurns is another baller who is going to be a solid WR for us.

Tell you what, if we can handle our business next week against NC State, were going to be 4-1 and 3-0 in the ACC. For a season that was already penciled in to be a disaster, its not a bad place for a young team to be in.

These kids are only going to get better. We have a LOT of young talent on this team. We just need some continuity, guys to stay healthy, and a few key pieces on the DL, and at QB.

GREAT win today. GREAT comeback.

2 years we will have an upgrade at QB upgrade all over the field. What we have now is great. What's coming in terms of recruiting is gonna make it even greater. Can't wait

Advertisement
I agree. By year 3 though I hope we're playing more man and causing havoc in secondary.

Al Groh's defense today was exactly what D'Onofrio runs and we gashed that **** for 600 yards.
I'm not a fan of it.

I'd rather play Bill Snyder type defense.

I agree. By year 3 though I hope we're playing more man and causing havoc in secondary.

Al Groh's defense today was exactly what D'Onofrio runs and we gashed that **** for 600 yards.
I'm not a fan of it.

Al Groh's D also strangled the offenses of the Hoos and the Hokies. I do like his type of defense.

I'm not a fan of it.

But but last week you was wanting to hire Al Groh. Lulz

You're the worse poster on the football board.

Advertisement

I'm not a fan of it.

But but last week you was wanting to hire Al Groh. Lulz

You're the worse poster on the football board.

Our OL depth disappears in 2014. We have about 7-8 OL total projected for 2014. Crazy bad.

2013 will be Golden's most loaded - senior QB, all our OL except a couple backups, Duke and hopefully Collins, all our WRs, TEs, all our DL except Smith, all our LBs except Buchanon, Bush, all our CBs except McGee.

Loaded.

Our OL depth disappears in 2014. We have about 7-8 OL total projected for 2014. Crazy bad.

4 returning starters, though. 3 seniors and a junior. If we can get a little competent depth going (3 to 4 is usually enough. Isidora; Kirkland; Darling; KC McDermott; Gadbois will be 4 years removed from HS) Olsen will have perhaps the best OL in the country to operate behind.

Advertisement

I'm not a fan of it.

Al Groh's D also strangled the offenses of the Hoos and the Hokies. I do like his type of defense.

This is a defense with a very high ceiling. It does not adjust well to players who are young or don't fit the mold. It is inconsistent at best as schools like GT and Virginia where talent is not consistent. I wish D'Onofrio were better at adjusting the scheme to the talent, but I'm confident that this defense will be one of the best in the NCAA once his guys are all out there, particularly at the line and in the secondary.

The only thing that scares me is that I think we might have down years for the defense while reloading, provided we become a self-feeding NC contender. It's imperative that Golden recruit proportionally in order to avoid deficiencies at any one defensive position. No more Randy Shannon first true recruiting years where we take 10 WR's and 7 or 8 LB's, better to even out the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back