LIFW

Lifw is at $1.29 today. Initially hit the market at around $240.00 per share. The Shorts have maid a fortune.
???? MSP Recovery did their IPO on May 24, 2022 at $11.50 per share. Rebranded the company as LIFW in January 2023 and the stock price kept declining due to continued operating losses and was on the way to being delisted due to being under a dollar in trading price. On Oct. 13, 2023 they did a 1:25 reverse split ... and the stock OPENED at $2.64 per share ... had a big run up to $10 or so ... and is now back down to $1.29. Ouch. No idea where you came up with the $240 per share price. Wrong stock.

Advertisement
Lifw is at $1.29 today. Initially hit the market at around $240.00 per share. The Shorts have maid a fortune.
And that is only because of a 25-1 reverse stock split a few months ago. Every 25 shares owned before October turned into 1. It was trading at a few cents a share before that. I'm glad I didn't buy in. AI tech stocks are booming anyways, if you have money to invest it's a no-brainer right now.

Where's the clown who tried to argue the market cap was $30 BILLION two months ago with the share price at $10-$12. Quoted Yahoo Finance lol. Well, the market cap according to Yahoo Finance is now at $179 MILLION at a share price of $1.29. I would love for him to try explain this again

Multiply 11.50 x 25. There was a 25/1 stock split. The equivalent initial price was over $200.
You're wrong ... there was 1:25 split YOU DIVIDE THE INITIAL PRICE BY 25 NOT MULTIPLY ... you must be an FSU grad. The INITIAL PRICE WAS $11.50 THAT IS FACT ... history ... that is what it went public at. THEN the price declined and they did A REVERSE SPLIT ... every 25 outstanding became 1. The price for the new SINGLE SHARE was $2.64 when the stock opened for trading. You have no idea what you are even talking about.

Advertisement
You’re both wrong. LIFW was a SPAC that changed from MSP recovery to LIFW when listed on Nasdaq. 99.9% of SPACs start trading at $10. Never close to $240.

Yahoo and the like don’t have the tech to recalculate to the original price after a reverse split. But if you multiply the first trade x 10 you likely get that 240 ish number you posted.

This isn’t debatable.

You're wrong ... there was 1:25 split YOU DIVIDE THE INITIAL PRICE BY 25 NOT MULTIPLY ... you must be an FSU grad. The INITIAL PRICE WAS $11.50 THAT IS FACT ... history ... that is what it went public at. THEN the price declined and they did A REVERSE SPLIT ... every 25 outstanding became 1. The price for the new SINGLE SHARE was $2.64 when the stock opened for trading. You have no idea what you are even talking about.
You’re confusing the opening stock price with the warrant execution price of $11.50

To calculate what the initial price would have been without the 1:25 reverse stock split, so you can see the true price movement, you would multiply the actual initial price, $11.50 (taking your word for it) by 25 to give you the equivalent initial price if 25 shares hadn’t been reverse split into 1 share.

The stock has lost 99.5% of its value. If an $11.50 stock lost approximately 99.5% of its value it would be worth about a nickel. Multiple a nickel x 25 and you get today’s price, roughly. In other words, but for the reverse split, the $11.50 share would trade for about a nickel today.

The Etrade chart below is the same as the Yahoo chart above. The chart incorporates the 1:25 reverse split so you can see how the stock really did.

And no, I am not a FSU grad.
Must be some kin to Dr.Peabody. I've never seen a dog this smart.

To calculate what the initial price would have been without the 1:25 reverse stock split, so you can see the true price movement, you would multiply the actual initial price, $11.50 (taking your word for it) by 25 to give you the equivalent initial price if 25 shares hadn’t been reverse split into 1 share.

The stock has lost 99.5% of its value. If an $11.50 stock lost approximately 99.5% of its value it would be worth about a nickel. Multiple a nickel x 25 and you get today’s price, roughly. In other words, but for the reverse split, the $11.50 share would trade for about a nickel today.

The Etrade chart below is the same as the Yahoo chart above. The chart incorporates the 1:25 reverse split so you can see how the stock really did.

And no, I am not a FSU grad.
Blah blah blah blah. I new u weren’t contry!

Advertisement
gravity falls steven bomb GIF

Where's the clown who tried to argue the market cap was $30 BILLION two months ago with the share price at $10-$12. Quoted Yahoo Finance lol. Well, the market cap according to Yahoo Finance is now at $179 MILLION at a share price of $1.29. I would love for him to try explain this again
When the spac deal was announced (or started trading) the share price was at 10 and there were like 3.4 billion shares. The stock quickly dropped under 5 etc. after to getting to around .04 the reverse split is announced it trades a bunch upward the reverse split and slow decline to almost the old 4 cent level which is 1.05.

That’s how he says 240. It’s on the chart that way if you go back more than 1 year.

When the spac deal was announced (or started trading) the share price was at 10 and there were like 3.4 billion shares. The stock quickly dropped under 5 etc. after to getting to around .04 the reverse split is announced it trades a bunch upward the reverse split and slow decline to almost the old 4 cent level which is 1.05.

That’s how he says 240. It’s on the chart that way if you go back more than 1 year.
Nothing you said pertains to my comment. Two months ago, some clown on here said LIFW's market value was $30 BILLION because that is what it said on Yahoo Finance...never mind the share price was approximately $10 AFTER the 25-1 reverse split. A $10 share price would need 3 billion shares to = $30 billion market cap...this means there would have been 75 billion shares prior to the reverse split. I NEVER said anything about a $240 share price, you have me confused with someone else's post above.

Nothing you said pertains to my comment. Two months ago, some clown on here said LIFW's market value was $30 BILLION because that is what it said on Yahoo Finance...never mind the share price was approximately $10 AFTER the 25-1 reverse split. A $10 share price would need 3 billion shares to = $30 billion market cap...this means there would have been 75 billion shares prior to the reverse split. I NEVER said anything about a $240 share price, you have me confused with someone else's post above.
It was originally 3.4 billion shares at around 10.

Advertisement
And that is only because of a 25-1 reverse stock split a few months ago. Every 25 shares owned before October turned into 1. It was trading at a few cents a share before that. I'm glad I didn't buy in. AI tech stocks are booming anyways, if you have money to invest it's a no-brainer right now.
Which AI stocks do you like? I know nvidia is doing really good

Here is the Fidelity Chart on LIFW. The reverse split-adjusted price was indeed in the $240 range.

1705757961810.png

Advertisement
It was originally 3.4 billion shares at around 10.
And that was a totally meaningless extrapolation. Most Fortune 500 companies "calculate" market cap based on shares being traded and held by investors ... aka "the float" not total shares authorized and primarily held by company insiders.

In the case of MSPR the initial trading price of $10.00 a share on Nasdaq was with a very small float (don't recall the figure exactly but it might have been 150 million shares). Market cap, calculated on the basis of FLOAT would have been $1.5Billion ... not $30+billion. AND the company performance / outlook couldn't even support a $10 share price for a small float, stock tanked, and reverse split took the volume in circulation (float) down to a paltry 6 million shares that were trading at $2.50 post split. A legit "market cap", float * market price .... gives you chum change as a market cap which fits the current performance. Instead of a couple $billion in annual revenue there is a total annual revenue figure that is dwarfed by annual interest on debt (most of which is loans from Ruiz & partner). Shot in the dark, gamble that has never materialized.

And that was a totally meaningless extrapolation. Most Fortune 500 companies "calculate" market cap based on shares being traded and held by investors ... aka "the float" not total shares authorized and primarily held by company insiders.

In the case of MSPR the initial trading price of $10.00 a share on Nasdaq was with a very small float (don't recall the figure exactly but it might have been 150 million shares). Market cap, calculated on the basis of FLOAT would have been $1.5Billion ... not $30+billion. AND the company performance / outlook couldn't even support a $10 share price for a small float, stock tanked, and reverse split took the volume in circulation (float) down to a paltry 6 million shares that were trading at $2.50 post split. A legit "market cap", float * market price .... gives you chum change as a market cap which fits the current performance. Instead of a couple $billion in annual revenue there is a total annual revenue figure that is dwarfed by annual interest on debt (most of which is loans from Ruiz & partner). Shot in the dark, gamble that has never materialized.
Why are you such an ***? You are arguing over nothing. The ***** dead

Which AI stocks do you like? I know nvidia is doing really good
NVIDIA, Super Micro Computer Inc (SMCI), Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM), ASML Holding (ASML), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). Then there are the bigger companies that also have major AI components, such as Alphabet/Google (GOOG), Microsoft (MSFT), Adobe (ADBE), Apple (APPL), META/Facebook (META), & Tesla (TSLA).

Market cap of a company is not based solely on the float. It is calculated based on the total number of shares multiplied by the price per share. I worked with leading investment banks & elite hedge funds for over 25 years and I can assure you that Market Cap isn’t based solely on the value of publicly-traded shares comprising the float. The float is worth knowing for other reasons (like how liquid your shares are likely to be or the risk of getting caught in a short squeeze) but not for calculating market cap.

Here’s an example that should help clarify this for you:

A Private technology company wants to go public but the Founders don’t want to lose control of the Company so they elect to sell only 20% of their shares in their IPO. Let’s say there are 10 million total shares issued & outstanding. Their IPO is successful at $10 per share. The 2 million shares issued in the IPO (which comprise the float) are worth $20 million. The 8 million shares still held by the Founders are NOT worthless. They are worth $80 million when the stock starts trading at $10 per share (even though they can’t be traded until they are Registered or a Follow-On offering occurs after an IPO & lock-ups expire etc). The market cap would be $100 million in this simple example. Not to get confusing but that is NOT the valuation of the company though. To calculate the Total Enterprise Value (TEV) you have to add the amount of Net Debt (Total Debt less Cash & Cash Equivalents) to the Market Cap.

To check this you can pull up the 10-K for a company and look at the number of shares issued on the first couple of pages. Then go back to the Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements and find further details there. Use the number of shares you find there & multiply that by the current stock price and it should equal what Yahoo Finance or other sites show as the Market Cap. Hope that helps.

Advertisement
Back