LIFW

Just as I was alluding to... You receive fraudulent funds, those funds can be tracked back.

I mean anyone saying MSP recovery is a legit business, I suppose thats true, based on the filings... I would say its success is greatly embellished though and that is what will cause everyone associated some problems. They achieved just 2.6% of their PROJECTED 2022 revenue. Yeesh.

What happens when there is an anti-trust suit filed against the sponsored players for promoting a fraudulent business? Celebs get sued left and right by taking crypto money for ****coins. Fyre Fest? Lol its the same thing.

Can't wait to find out more, haha
No offense, brother, but you're likely a little out of your depth here.

Advertisement
So the NIL $$ is to pay for a player's name, image or likeness. It's not to sweep a warehouse floor in anonymity. Where's the ROI for a businessman making those payments if not in publicity/recognition?

Can you name a group of players (even a handful) paid by anyone other than Ruiz? Even rumors will do.
You just won't quit with this.

What part? To me both are legit questions
The ROI question answers itself. Ultimately, donors aren't getting any financial ROI. I don't even know how that requires an explanation. The ROI is to buy better players and win. At most, fans of the program may notice their charity toward the program, and reward that donor with their business. But that's it. The ROI is up to the donor to define.

Countless people have posted about Ruiz's level of contribution to Miami's NIL. Dan Lambert has an open NIL deal for any player od the football team who advertises- even minimally- for his gym. Taste One peanuts has guys advertising for them.

We are dealing here with a poster who is convinced that John Ruiz is our NIL, and he just won't give it up.

The ROI question answers itself. Ultimately, donors aren't getting any financial ROI. I don't even know how that requires an explanation. The ROI is to buy better players and win. At most, fans of the program may notice their charity toward the program, and reward that donor with their business. But that's it. The ROI is up to the donor to define.

Countless people have posted about Ruiz's level of contribution to Miami's NIL. Dan Lambert has an open NIL deal for any player od the football team who advertises- even minimally- for his gym. Taste One peanuts has guys advertising for them.

We are dealing here with a poster who is convinced that John Ruiz is our NIL, and he just won't give it up.
Ruiz was more involved until the collective got going. This year is different than last.

Advertisement
Just because the only thing you heard was Life Wallet deals, does not mean Ruiz was the only one. ****, they may not be even the biggest ones for some/most players (except of course for maybe the ones that you listed).

You can go back and search that on this very website. TVD has multiple NIL deals through multiple companies as most high profile athletes do.

Again, was Ruiz contributing heavily to NIL? Of course!

Was he the only one in town as you had originally stated (or at least 80-90% of it)? No.
We'll never know but ... sure would be informative to know the $$ totals from Ruiz and from other sponsors. Of course, it's possible - depending on the size of the "contract" amount -- to sponsor more people and provide less money, or vice versa.

Advertisement
Not being paranoid but it sure sounds paranoid that DC wants to smack a team that went 5-7 last year and hasn't done a **** thing in two decades.
people have the weirdest conspiracy theories. dc doesn't give a single **** bout UM. Ruiz is under investigation bc he may be a criminal not bc he supports UM or provides in NIL dollars.

Thought Canes Connection was just getting up and running. The collective approach is def the way to go in the future.

The bigger six figure $$ NIL outlays thus far, Nigel Pack and Isaiah Wong to name two, were from Ruiz. As were the well-publicized Cavender Twins. Who sponsored TVD on the football side?
cavinders have many more deals beyond life wallet that likely trump ruizs deal. one of their biggest sponsors is champs sports

The original lawsuit, correct me if I'm wrong, was to provide athletes compensation from an "employer/sponsor" for use of their Name, Image and/or Likeness. The whole NIL thing was never intended to "buy better players and win." That may have become the reality, but it was not the intent.

cavinders have many more deals beyond life wallet that likely trump ruizs deal. one of their biggest sponsors is champs sports
Yep, the Cavinders fame was such that they became a "national" brand, far more than, say, Nigel Pack.

Speaking of Pack, he was reported to get $800,000 over two seasons from LFW. Do any of the other deals for individual UM athletes approach/top that?

The ROI to any business would be associating the success of the athlete in the community with whatever the business's product is. Always wondered if those "contracts" are written to cover the case where the athlete does not perform on the field or court and, therein, loses whatever NIL value they ever had to the person paying them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have we still not realized that loudmouths who “tell it like it is” are often actually not telling it like it is?

And calling the school Soviets because all business is not done on social media??

Rudy Fernandez and the school have been outspoken and transparent about improving athletics and have delivered financially.

But carry on and tell Mas and the Sophers, and many others who are quietly making big investments, how to handle their affairs. Might work.

You were saying?

How’s our class looking right now? How much did the Mas brothers spend to get us our latest zero star commit?

Some of yall have your heads buried in the sand, I swear

This is some super extreme chicken little ****.

The law generally has very strong (sometimes unfair to the victim from whom the gains were obtained) protections for innocent parties in arms length business transactions.
Lol what happens when you buy a stolen car when it’s not reported stolen? They don’t say oh my bad forgot to tell you, haha

This @gabednconfused character doesn't have a god**** clue of what he is talking about.

Completely terrible and inaccurate posts. Repeatedly.
Lol y’all the characters this entire site is a John Ruiz blow bang and it’s ******* hilarious. What knee pad brands y’all running?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Look it’s all banter in the end but I do think (the three of you holier than thou canes fans) have just about as much clue as to what will happen with this as I do, so don’t act like you’re a corporate lawyer or have been investigated by the SEC, unless you have. If not, you’re in the same bucket as me- the speculators having fun.

If you are in fact the **** swinging SEC-fighter lawyer you seem to be (all of y’all) do tell us how this will go, and be sure to add your firm’s about me website link. I’m in listening and learn mode now.

Advertisement
so glad to hear he's not "The Big Guy" any more...

1690852127177.png

Lol y’all the characters this entire site is a John Ruiz blow bang and it’s ******* hilarious. What knee pad brands y’all running?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Look it’s all banter in the end but I do think (the three of you holier than thou canes fans) have just about as much clue as to what will happen with this as I do, so don’t act like you’re a corporate lawyer or have been investigated by the SEC, unless you have. If not, you’re in the same bucket as me- the speculators having fun.

If you are in fact the **** swinging SEC-fighter lawyer you seem to be (all of y’all) do tell us how this will go, and be sure to add your firm’s about me website link. I’m in listening and learn mode now.
I am not sure anyone knows where it ends since no one, including the federal government, even knows the underlying facts or whether anything illegal or fraudulent even happened. However, there is a code section that touches on this exact issue (548 of the bankruptcy code) and a LOT of authority on it.

What I do know if you throw out legal terms and concepts that are 100% unrelated to anything going on here and then get indignant when people say you don't know what you are talking about. Two easy examples of this - anti-trust, which has to do with fair competition and avoiding monopolies, NOT fraud, and the analogy of a stolen car, which again, is not even in the same stratosphere.

I appreciate what he did for the school, hope he just had a bad business plan without fraud, but if he broke the law, then there is a process and repercussions for that. But you are throwing terms you heard on Suits into posts to try to sound educated and informed and it does the opposite.

You are a trashy porster who chooses to run his mouth, spouts falsehoods, and then tries to crawl behind the defense of "it's all banter in the end".

Nope. You're a liar putting out false information as if you actually know something. Repeatedly misstating the law. Oh, but NOW you're "in listening and learn mode".

More lies from you. You're finally caught on your bull****, so now you're gonna try to walk it back, right after giving us your legal expertise on what happens after you buy a stolen car.

I'm a lawyer who has worked for publicly-traded companies for the past 20 years. You're full of ****, plain and simple.

I am not sure anyone knows where it ends since no one, including the federal government, even knows the underlying facts or whether anything illegal or fraudulent even happened. However, there is a code section that touches on this exact issue (548 of the bankruptcy code) and a LOT of authority on it.

What I do know if you throw out legal terms and concepts that are 100% unrelated to anything going on here and then get indignant when people say you don't know what you are talking about. Two easy examples of this - anti-trust, which has to do with fair competition and avoiding monopolies, NOT fraud, and the analogy of a stolen car, which again, is not even in the same stratosphere.

I appreciate what he did for the school, hope he just had a bad business plan without fraud, but if he broke the law, then there is a process and repercussions for that. But you are throwing terms you heard on Suits into posts to try to sound educated and informed and it does the opposite.
Website to your law firm pls 🥴

Sure, I wiffed on the terminology yup, but this guy is clearly in trouble, probably going to jail, and we (the university) will be tied to it for a long while.

Advertisement
Back