LIFW

The vast majority of John Ruiz's "wealth" from the SPAC was ON-PAPER wealth (which dissipated) and which has never resulted in cash-money conversion, due to their being no market for the ONCE-PROJECTED value of the company's stock and stock options once it went public and the trading restrictions were removed.
Thats the part I don't get.

Like, did people in all honesty expect Ruiz to be a billionaire on his bank account because of that deal? Do people not get how money works (probably not, based on how people spend it, but anyway)?

Like, the guy probably is gonna get a shellacking, but he's fine. He'll win two court cases and make more cash than about 95% of this board make in five years. This isn't a Shapiro thing where there is no business behind his scheme.

Advertisement

Like, did people in all honesty expect Ruiz to be a billionaire on his bank account because of that deal? Do people not get how money works (probably not, based on how people spend it, but anyway)?

Like, the guy probably is gonna get a shellacking, but he's fine. He'll win two court cases and make more cash than about 95% of this board make in five years. This isn't a Shapiro thing where there is no business behind his scheme.
Most people are retards.

It is what it is.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 100127.jpg

everyone knew he wasn't a billionaire. hes still very wealthy though. the issue for him now is whether he broke any laws and if he did, is he gonna get jail time? the law firm is def a business. the life wallet app and everything itself was an idea but def not a Ponzi scheme

Ever since Frenk took over, Miami has given off these weird Soviet vibes... everything is hush hush, everything is quiet, nothing is transparent. Like what are you running here, a university or a meth lab? That's my biggest complaint. Let's have some **** transparency and just tell it like it is. They always act like they're trying to hide something. I liked Ruiz because he was easy to understand and always told it like it is. He was willing to take risks to get ahead.

I don't know a **** thing about the Miami Connection and I have zero trust that they'll get us competitive or back to where we want to be, I did have that trust in Ruiz because he always let you know.

Just remember, before Ruiz we had big doners saying things like "E before the W." Do we have any reason to believe that the Miami Collective isn't full of a bunch of "E before W" types operating in secret so fans like me can't complain? I don't have any reason to think differently.

What has all of this "moving in silence" gotten us? 5-7, and 20 years of mediocre, that's what. I don't trust Miami admin even a little bit. They haven't earned it. When they move in secret I just assume they are failing and covering it up. I don't, by default, think they're up to anything useful. Because they haven't demonstrated that this moving in silence **** actually does anything beneficial.

Have we still not realized that loudmouths who “tell it like it is” are often actually not telling it like it is?

And calling the school Soviets because all business is not done on social media??

Rudy Fernandez and the school have been outspoken and transparent about improving athletics and have delivered financially.

But carry on and tell Mas and the Sophers, and many others who are quietly making big investments, how to handle their affairs. Might work.

Advertisement
I run away from bankruptcy, creditor, receiver, fraudulent transfer cases . . . so this isn't my cup of tea. I guess the only concern I might have if things go south for Ruiz is if a trustee or receiver or someone like that could clawback monies paid to student-athletes for NIL. I guess that's the worst case scenario here.

I'm not saying it's going to happen here, but this NIL stuff is so new. It's only a matter of time until an athlete somewhere isn't paid what he or she believes was supposed to be paid and sues some NIL donor. That's going to happen at some point IMO. We haven't seen the fallout of NIL yet with ugly legal cases and stuff like that but it likely will happen at some juncture. It's too unregulated and too many shady players. I think this is just the beginning of stuff we'll see pop up all over the country.

My only question is; does CIS still have life wallet rated as a STRONG BUY? LOL. The bag holders are probably the same people who "invested" in the billboard scheme from a couple of years ago.

Take home lesson, whether it's player evals or stock picks, always think the opposite of the CIS majority. However, CIS's *** cruise recommendations have been excellent.

I run away from bankruptcy, creditor, receiver, fraudulent transfer cases . . . so this isn't my cup of tea. I guess the only concern I might have if things go south for Ruiz is if a trustee or receiver or someone like that could clawback monies paid to student-athletes for NIL. I guess that's the worst case scenario here.

I'm not saying it's going to happen here, but this NIL stuff is so new. It's only a matter of time until an athlete somewhere isn't paid what he or she believes was supposed to be paid and sues some NIL donor. That's going to happen at some point IMO. We haven't seen the fallout of NIL yet with ugly legal cases and stuff like that but it likely will happen at some juncture. It's too unregulated and too many shady players. I think this is just the beginning of stuff we'll see pop up all over the country.

I think the school would figure out how to cover any unpaid commitments to current players… but you’re right that clawbacks would be a problem.

With that said I highly doubt any NIL payments would be subject to clawbacks because I’m sure they were arms length business transactions (approved by the university) and carried out openly and publicly through the operation of the business.

NIL, Nearly Impotent LifeWallet. Just more BS for the media to bash the program with, was fun while it lasted being the NIL kings. They really miss the days of being able to call young black men thugs so they'll beat this into a dead horse for years to come.

Advertisement
So the NIL $$ is to pay for a player's name, image or likeness. It's not to sweep a warehouse floor in anonymity. Where's the ROI for a businessman making those payments if not in publicity/recognition?

Can you name a group of players (even a handful) paid by anyone other than Ruiz? Even rumors will do.
Does this count?

Does this count?

Thought Canes Connection was just getting up and running. The collective approach is def the way to go in the future.

The bigger six figure $$ NIL outlays thus far, Nigel Pack and Isaiah Wong to name two, were from Ruiz. As were the well-publicized Cavender Twins. Who sponsored TVD on the football side?

Not being paranoid but this reeks of Washington DC politics along with the Tubervilles, Saban’s & Stankey’s of the world trying to stick it to Ruiz/NIL/UM. The whole thing smells. Can anybody even name another high profile NIL person/school in ACC/SEC? No, because most of them fly under the radar. The jealousy went off the rails with the recruitment of Pack, Cavinder twins etc especially when the Canes Men & Women’s teams ended up in the Final Four. Ruiz should have kept it on the down low rather than flaunting tweets, photos, etc.

Not being paranoid but this reeks of Washington DC politics along with the Tubervilles, Saban’s & Stankey’s of the world trying to stick it to Ruiz/NIL/UM. The whole thing smells. Can anybody even name another high profile NIL person/school in ACC/SEC? No, because most of them fly under the radar. The jealousy went off the rails with the recruitment of Pack, Cavinder twins etc especially when the Canes Men & Women’s teams ended up in the Final Four. Ruiz should have kept it on the down low rather than flaunting tweets, photos, etc.
Queue up the forty seven year NCAA investigation for a player getting an out of sequence $15 NIL fee, ESPN personalities either weeping or enraged declaring that this is the worst thing in all of sports in all of time, that the NCAA should hand out the death penalty, and SEC figureheads gravely warning about the corruption of students who happen to be athletes.

Advertisement
Thought Canes Connection was just getting up and running. The collective approach is def the way to go in the future.

The bigger six figure $$ NIL outlays thus far, Nigel Pack and Isaiah Wong to name two, were from Ruiz. As were the well-publicized Cavender Twins. Who sponsored TVD on the football side?
Just because the only thing you heard was Life Wallet deals, does not mean Ruiz was the only one. ****, they may not be even the biggest ones for some/most players (except of course for maybe the ones that you listed).

You can go back and search that on this very website. TVD has multiple NIL deals through multiple companies as most high profile athletes do.

Again, was Ruiz contributing heavily to NIL? Of course!

Was he the only one in town as you had originally stated (or at least 80-90% of it)? No.

Not being paranoid but it sure sounds paranoid that DC wants to smack a team that went 5-7 last year and hasn't done a **** thing in two decades.

I guess the only concern I might have if things go south for Ruiz is if a trustee or receiver or someone like that could clawback monies paid to student-athletes for NIL. I guess that's the worst case scenario here.
Just as I was alluding to... You receive fraudulent funds, those funds can be tracked back.

I mean anyone saying MSP recovery is a legit business, I suppose thats true, based on the filings... I would say its success is greatly embellished though and that is what will cause everyone associated some problems. They achieved just 2.6% of their PROJECTED 2022 revenue. Yeesh.

What happens when there is an anti-trust suit filed against the sponsored players for promoting a fraudulent business? Celebs get sued left and right by taking crypto money for ****coins. Fyre Fest? Lol its the same thing.

Can't wait to find out more, haha

Advertisement

Washington politics have nothing to do with generating 24mm in revenue when 900+ million in revenue was predicted.

The business ain’t making money - and it’s not demonstrating a conversation of recovery claims owned to actual revenue generation. Unfortunately. Because we all wanted Ruiz to make bank and fund the U.

Screenshot_20221116-074045_SmartNews.jpg

Just as I was alluding to... You receive fraudulent funds, those funds can be tracked back.

I mean anyone saying MSP recovery is a legit business, I suppose thats true, based on the filings... I would say its success is greatly embellished though and that is what will cause everyone associated some problems. They achieved just 2.6% of their PROJECTED 2022 revenue. Yeesh.

What happens when there is an anti-trust suit filed against the sponsored players for promoting a fraudulent business? Celebs get sued left and right by taking crypto money for ****coins. Fyre Fest? Lol its the same thing.

This is some super extreme chicken little ****.

The law generally has very strong (sometimes unfair to the victim from whom the gains were obtained) protections for innocent parties in arms length business transactions.

Last edited:

Do you have any clue what an anti-trust lawsuit is or did you think it sounds fancy so you tossed it in?

Advertisement
Back