Advertisement
20170501-Gary-Hart.jpg

1102-SHAFER-articleLarge-v2.jpg
Screenshot_20230424-151521_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230424-151635_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230424_152759.jpg

:pgdead:

Last edited:
I thought one of them came down with a serious illness??

They were **** funny at the height of their game...

Ron Diaz's wife contracted AIDS and died about a year after the prognosis. Not sure if that's what led Diaz to step back, but I think he retired from the show about two years after his wife died. He has been pretty quiet since, doing mostly sports-related shows around Tampa and some other Florida markets.

Advertisement
Yes..Bennington was very Joe Pesci-esque.

Met him as a far-too-young-lad-to-be-in-there at Button South...

I've been listening to Stern since 1988 (when I was an upaid Congressional intern in DC, Stern had just added WJFK as his second "syndicated" market, and I had to get to the District by about 6:30 am to park in the free "intern parking" underneath I-395/I-695, south of the Capitol). I remember seeing Stern on the Letterman Show, but 1988 was the first time I got to hear his radio show live.

Once I got back to Florida, there weren't many shows that had the same quality of talk/humor to compare to Stern. The only other morning shows I've been able to tolerate, when Stern was on vacation, were Monsters of the Midday (Orlando, when Stern was the morning guy, then mornings after the Janet Jackson debacle and Stern losing markets), Ron & Ron (syndicated around Florida), and Paul & Young Ron once in a while. Oh, and Neil Rogers, though I rarely flipped over to AM.

Advertisement
I've been listening to Stern since 1988 (when I was an upaid Congressional intern in DC, Stern had just added WJFK as his second "syndicated" market, and I had to get to the District by about 6:30 am to park in the free "intern parking" underneath I-395/I-695, south of the Capitol). I remember seeing Stern on the Letterman Show, but 1988 was the first time I got to hear his radio show live.

Once I got back to Florida, there weren't many shows that had the same quality of talk/humor to compare to Stern. The only other morning shows I've been able to tolerate, when Stern was on vacation, were Monsters of the Midday (Orlando, when Stern was the morning guy, then mornings after the Janet Jackson debacle and Stern losing markets), Ron & Ron (syndicated around Florida), and Paul & Young Ron once in a while. Oh, and Neil Rogers, though I rarely flipped over to AM.
One guy that was real entertaining to listen to in the 90s was Phil Henry,trolled the **** out of people with his fake characters.

Advertisement
Im in awe tbh I see they made a movie about it starring Hugh Jackman. I was only four smh lol. George W being behind it makes ALOT of sense though!
It makes more sense that Gary was just a complete idiot that made a ridiculously dumb choice at the worst time imaginable and it ruined him completely....
If you're that careless with your "affairs" then who can blame G.W. for using it as a tool... 🤣🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back