LIFW

I'm a CPA, was an auditor at a big 4 firm, and now a CFA. I still only buy index funds/etfs. After fees, there's no reason to hire a professional for investment advice (for most individuals).

The funny thing is, all these articles out here about the SEC announcement actually have very little to do with actual financial statement error. They have to do with lack of proper internal controls per sarbanes Oxley. It just means there could be potential misstatements. See it all the time with private companies that go public who don't hire knowledgeable individuals or consultants.

In no way am I saying invest in lifewallet. Just saying the articles are misleading. They very well cease as a going concern for other reasons.
I’m a financial professional as well. Investing isn’t hard. Keep it simple, don’t touch it, dollar cost average and keep it moving. Investing is all about behavior. We(people) are our own worst enemies.

Advertisement
I’d settle for a draft petition to @RVACane for the creation of a Ruiz Megathread…

Whereas, CIS posters repeatedly start threads related to John Ruiz and/or LifeWallet,

Whereas, the same CIS posters bring up the same “concerns” in every thread

Whereas, many CIS posters are caused anal injury (“butthurt”) by anything related to John Ruiz and/or LifeWallet

Therefore be it resolved that the great and powerful Maude @RVACane merge all threads related to John Ruiz and/or LifeWallet into a Megathread

Therefore also be it resolved that the Megathread is labeled hater tears

You get it 😎
If a porster suffers butthurt injuries (anal or other) by anything related to Ruiz/LIFW, can they sue for physical and emotional distress?

Advertisement
Lifewallet financial statements are disgusting and have been from jump. Last thing I’ll add. If you don’t understand how to read financial statements don’t buy individual stocks on your own. Buy an S&P500 ETF and let it ride out or hire a professional.
Or the dividend aristocrat ETF.

Advertisement
They have a market cap of 2.8 billion. It's not in emmenent danger of being deliisted. People like to quote the $11 price, but that never reflected the real value. Ruiz and partners bought the SPAC for only around $280 million in cash . That is only 10% of todays Mkt Cap. Generally there has been very little activity on the stock, which has caused a downturn in price. It's more of a long term proposition. I have some of their stock, and have no plans to sell any time soon. There is also more risk on these type of stocks. You have to be cold blooded and remove your emotions from any trading you do. Have rules and stick to them.
Mr. Ruiz,

Thanks for posting here, Sir! Do you think you will have enough money to get us some DLs and a QB this year?

Anyone who thought Miami was going to continue to rake in top 5 recruiting classes year after year based solely on NIL, all while continuing to lose 6-7 games a year was kidding themselves. It’s unsustainable, I don’t care who you are. If you gave me the choice of having the strongest NIL game in the country or winning 10 games every year I’m taking the latter every time. If Miami makes the playoff this year Ruiz could take the entire year off and I guarantee you Miami would have a top five class. Winning is the most important component...it always has been.

Anyone who thought Miami was going to continue to rake in top 5 recruiting classes year after year based solely on NIL, all while continuing to lose 6-7 games a year was kidding themselves. It’s unsustainable, I don’t care who you are. If you gave me the choice of having the strongest NIL game in the country or winning 10 games every year I’m taking the latter every time. If Miami makes the playoff this year Ruiz could take the entire year off and I guarantee you Miami would have a top five class. Winning is the most important component...it always has been.
You have to have both in today's college football and YOU are kidding yourself if you think that anyone in the Top 10 of recruiting spends anything less than millions on NIL or brown bags regardless of where they finish in the final poll.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Please tell me how we plan to win while not having a competitive nil?
Please tell me how we’re gonna get there while competing against Clemson and FSu in our conference?

Ruiz or others like him is what’s made Bama uga osu and the rest of the blue bloods what they are.

You’re hoping for dudes to take a leap of faith for several years in a row to make a team deep enough to compete.
News flash there ain’t enough players who are just gonna say no to money.
Even the transfer portal is costing money.

The biggest recruiting machine is the team itself.
In other words even if a player doesn’t even want money. He’s gonna go to practice and compare teams to each other.
And I guarantee you that the teams that pay are the ones that have the bigger and faster dudes and more draft picks.

Even cmr noticed the difference and said “where the big dudes at”.

Trying to get to the playoffs are what a bunch of teams have tried to do. Unless Miami thinks of something g that a bunch of teams haven’t thought of, it ain’t happening.

And I’m not talking about the illegal bags. Let’s just put straight nil as the only source of payment.

As a young man you still feel a sense of pride towards your family.
If I could’ve bought my mom a house at 18 I’m bouncing.
And even is she was a cane fan that brand new crib will make her understand.

They have a market cap of 2.8 billion. It's not in emmenent danger of being deliisted. People like to quote the $11 price, but that never reflected the real value. Ruiz and partners bought the SPAC for only around $280 million in cash . That is only 10% of todays Mkt Cap. Generally there has been very little activity on the stock, which has caused a downturn in price. It's more of a long term proposition. I have some of their stock, and have no plans to sell any time soon. There is also more risk on these type of stocks. You have to be cold blooded and remove your emotions from any trading you do. Have rules and stick to them.
That market cap is pure smoke and mirrors. There are 3.22 BILLION shares outstanding ....however the FLOAT ... the number of shares actually being traded in the stock market is 65.48 million shares. That is a float of 2% ... almost nothing ... and the market cannot sustain a value of $1.00 a share on a total market volume of 65 million shares. In this case in the lightly regulated markets they are taking the most aggressive method of calculating the market cap ... $.73 a share against total outstanding shares = $2.8 billion. Ridiculous .... there is no market for 3 billion shares as they have already demonstrated by not being able to maintain even a $1.00 a share value for 65 million that are IN the market being traded.

There are indexes like the S&P 500 index that DO calculate the "market cap" on the companies on the S&P 500 list based on MARKET FLOAT and current trading price. Using THAT formula .... 65 million share float and $.73 per share price ... the market cap, based on volume traded, is $48 million dollars. So ... you need to look at WHAT IS BEHIND the numbers before you start calling people Billionaires due to their stock holdings that are literally worthless at this point. I am glad Ruiz has kept LIFW afloat with cash infusions (thats' where the company debt is ... Ruiz and his partner pumping money into the company via loans). Hope the pull it off. Otherwise Cigarette Boats will be funding NIL deals.

Advertisement
Back