2024 Lifewallet Sports 5 Must Get Recruits for 2024

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not so sure about this statement from @Udynasty . Hopeful, definitely. Confident, IDK about. Unless Geo knows something we don't.

“370” is a reference to the days until the next early signing day for the 2024 class, counting from the time in which Jeremiah Smith committed. Clearly, Miami feels confident they can flip the #1 wide receiver in the nation.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this list from @Geo305 ? Is "Air" too high? Should JoJo be in the top 5?
  1. Jeremiah Smith
  2. Prentiss “Air” Noland
  3. David Stone
  4. Ellis Robinson IV
  5. TJ Capers

@lindend Geo didn't write that column. I did , I work for lifewallet sports.

Jojo was the hardest dude to keep off that list and if Jeremiah sticks with OSU then he would make the list, I went back and forth on him so I wouldn't even argue if someone were to say that he is top 5.

The reasoning for Noland is because I feel we need to land a blue chip QB. For the optics of the class and the future at the QB position, especially when our roster is not where it needs to be talent-wise and depth wise, Noland OR ( a Julian Sayin perhaps??) should be imo
at the top of the list as a talented QB can solve a lot of issues and cover for lack of depth/ talent as we are rebuilding.

Finally right up there with Jojo I have Justin Scott as an honorable mention. What Cristobal did with the OL last year he wants to accomplish with the DT room this year and rightly so. Those elite DT types will be a bloody war to the end but I would say outside of WR there is no one position right now that Mario wants to fix than the interior DL.

@lindend Geo didn't write that column. I did , I work for lifewallet sports.

My bad. I didn't look at the byline and just made an assumption. Won't make that mistake again. OP updated.

Jojo was the hardest dude to keep off that list and if Jeremiah sticks with OSU then he would make the list, I went back and forth on him so I wouldn't even argue if someone were to say that he is top 5.
IMO, he belongs on the list, but as you point out, kicking someone out isn't easy.

Finally right up there with Jojo I have Justin Scott as an honorable mention. What Cristobal did with the OL last year he wants to accomplish with the DT room this year and rightly so. Those elite DT types will be a bloody war to the end but I would say outside of WR there is no one position right now that Mario wants to fix than the interior DL.
Sounds like you're well on your way to Part II (recruits 6-10 on the Must have list). LOL.

But seriously, that would be a good article. We'll be debating why recruit X didn't make the cut and who's on the bubble looking it.

Advertisement
1. Jeremiah Smith
2. David Stone
3. Air Noland
4. JoJo Trader
5. TJ Capers

Honorable mentions: Booker Pickett Jr & Brandon Baker
this was the alternate list I struggled with. Thatclose to including trader in the top 5... chose Robinson instead.

Advertisement
Capers is a great player that we need to land but just isn’t in my top 5. Maybe not even top 10.
I would def have him as a top 10 player for us. No argument for him not being in the top 5.... I can see people including a Justin Scott, Brandon Baker or Jojo over him and I mean, super elite dudes at positions of need, would come down to preference tbh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back