Off-Topic LifeWallet (demise?)

WestGA'Cane

Junior
How concerned should we be about the ability to be competitive in NIL moving forward? Hoping for real insight.

Advertisement
How concerned should we be about the ability to be competitive in NIL moving forward? Hoping for real insight.
You definitely came to the right place!! How do you expect to get "real insight" from a football fan site when the AD's at virtually every program outside of the historically strong "bag droppers" are all scrambling to establish a solid NIL foundation for their programs and at the same time pushing for the NCAA to enact some new transfer portal protocols that will slow down the transfer fever (i.e. sit out one year).

Guess I was of the impression we were leading the charge with strong backing. Not so sure now, though some assure everything's fine. Not really even sure of my own perceptions - seems we're pursuing mid-type portalers and getting somewhat under-the-radar commitments to the '24 class. Yes, I realize it was about the same last cycle at this time, but did read a report that we aren't on par with NIL bids for top recruits.

Delisting doesn’t mean the company closes its doors. If it starts making money, they could take it public again.

Advertisement
Guess I was of the impression we were leading the charge with strong backing. Not so sure now, though some assure everything's fine. Not really even sure of my own perceptions - seems we're pursuing mid-type portalers and getting somewhat under-the-radar commitments to the '24 class. Yes, I realize it was about the same last cycle at this time, but did read a report that we aren't on par with NIL bids for top recruits.
Who in God's name KNOWS what "NIL bids" are for top recruits? Miami has priorities in the 24 class and will most likely be competitive with NIL for top priorities. Each position is different and depends on who is available and how Alonzo / position coaches evaluate them. Could be guys getting crazy unjustified offers ... like Rashada with $13.8 million offered by UF, or even the Manning situation where there might be 6 prospects in the class better than him.

It’s all about the numbers. On the surface, Larger, more passionate fan bases will have the advantage.
As long as our big-time donors are competitive, we’ll be fine.

Also, we peons can help as well.
10,000 of us here alone x $100 is an extra $1mil in the tilly to supplement.
(Miami Hurricanes NIL Marketplace)
I would like to think those who can afford, on the average, can do better than that.
Hopefully we will be able show future athletes that their base deals will be nicely supplemented through the Marketplace.

To others…
Does anyone know how our final four boys did right after the tourney?
Other than deals in place, were they able to cash in on that run?

The good news is getting this Canes Collective up and running. It was a;ways short-sighted to expect Ruiz to continue to shoulder the lion's share on NIL payments to athletes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back