Leyton Nelson, 2022 OT Offered

Advertisement
This kid is big and naturally athletic. You can't coach that kind of athleticism you have to recruit it. Good bend and excellent feet. Good length. He's a true LT prospect. He can be left on an island, you wouldn't have to help him which is huge. Of course he needs to get stronger with his punch in pass blocking and he needs to clean up some his technique. He plays high which is common with most HS OL.

Advertisement
This is my type of Tackle prospect.

Justice identifies these types pretty well. He can move and has the frame to add good weight. Looks to be atleast 6'5 270+.

I agree 100% on this. Boone HS in Orlando historically pumps out blue collar type players. When you play Boone you better put your big boy pants because they are going to hit you in the mouth. Coach AJ is from North Dakota so he has a gruffly midwestern approach, but the kids love him. He coached my son's little league baseball team.

I love Nelson's athleticism and the way he finishes of kids, boone plays some quality competition in Metro Orlando. Nelson won't stay under the radar long, Coach Justice needs to get him wrapped early.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Okay stay ont his man i like his potential. Pulling orlando area kids is tough though

UF & FSU are deep up here in Orlando. Even the local media ABC & CBS sports anchors are openly UF slurpers, especially the local ABC affiliate sports anchors they have a thing against Miami an won't even mention UM unless it's to report a loss or negative news.

Go Canes

Notice the UF helmet. Full disclosure they both went to UF.

I am not gonna lie they do provide excellent local sports coverage.

Last edited:
UF & FSU are deep up here. Even the local media ABC & CBS sports anchors are openly UF slurpers, especially the local ABC affiliate sports anchors they have a thing against Miami an won't even mention UM unless it's to report a loss or negative news.

Go Canes
end yes GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leyton was trying to stir up recruitung interest in his smaller twin brother who plays TE. But I am guessing the package deal maybe separating as Leyton is realizing he a good Oline prospect but not an elite prospect that would merit a 2 for 1 offer.

Or I am thinking the brother may get a PWO offer, thus keeping the brothers together if UM has to go that far to land Leyton's commitment. But Logan Nelson was offered by Marshall, an he should jump on that offer before it goes away.

Go Canes

Last edited:
He Comin

Miami was the second school to get Orlando Boone offensive lineman Leyton Nelson on campus for an official visit this summer. Pitt was the first.

“The visit itself was just great to be honest,” Nelson told InsideTheU on Sunday. “Going to the campus, the academic tour wasn’t too boring. It kept you going, but then just going to the facilities was great.”

Garin Justice and Nelson have been talking at least once a week for a while now, but the two were finally able to meet in person last weekend.

“He’s a good dude. We always call, so I’m kind of used to the way he was. Just seeing him in person, he’s a big dude, understands football, he’s played at that level, so just having him there is a good resource,” Nelson said.

The 6-foot-4, 275-pounder came down with his mom and brother and Nelson feels like they enjoyed their time in South Florida.

“Just being down in Miami was kind of a vibe to be honest. They just liked everything they did with us - the restaurants they chose. It was just good. It was honestly like they say. It’s paradise. It’s just a good vibe being down here,” Nelson said.

Nelson is glad he made his way down to UM because he was able to learn a lot about the program and the area.

“It definitely helped. Seeing the bubble of Coral Gables. It’s just it’s own little area. It’s just a good area for everyone to be. The campus isn’t loud really either. It’s a good environment,” Nelson said.

The soon-to-be senior was in the Steel City last weekend and got a bit of a different feeling being up there.

“It was old,” Nelson said.

Following the Miami trip, Nelson is making his way to Utah before making his way to the Southeast region and do a tour of a few schools with his parents before an official visit to Louisville. A decision could be coming sometime next month once he wraps up his visits.

“Probably early, mid-July. Get it over with,” Nelson said

Advertisement
Back