Lex Kaplan-Baseball signee (Gone)

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I was friends with his brother Jon in college (Tulane), starting CF on Tulane's 2001 College World Series team. Anyway, I know he committed (or signed) with Miami, but I heard from a friend that Miami oversigned assuming they'd lose more players to the draft and when they didn't, they released him from his scholarship. Is this true?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I doubt he would be released with how highly touted a recruit he was but anything can happen.

I doubt he would be released with how highly touted a recruit he was but anything can happen.

Well, someone I know close to Tulane said he was, and that he was coming to Tulane. That's why I asked here to see if anyone here knew.

Well, we definitely did have 2-3 guys decide to go to come to school who I think the coaching staff expected to lose (Collins, Abreu, possibly Beauprez). Kaplan was pretty highly rated though, so I believe there would probably be other players they would cut before him. His twitter is still full of Miami stuff too.

Well, someone I know close to Tulane said he was, and that he was coming to Tulane. That's why I asked here to see if anyone here knew.

Wow that's crazy if true. Seems like it would be a pretty big loss if he didn't come here. I could also see it playing out that he asked the coaching staff to let him out of his signing because of all the outfield depth in this class but who knows.

Advertisement
Seems like Miami over signed expecting to get hit by the draft.. Either way, good luck to the kid at Tulane.

Advertisement
Back