Lets talk Jimmy Gaines

Someone will have to take the job from Gaines. From an intellect he's a guy who you want to MLB. As pointed out although a junior he's younger than both Perryman and EJ. Poor kid should have been Redshirted, and he still needs to get to 240 which he can easily carry on his frame. I have always been a big fan or his, but even I was very disappointed with his progress at one point. If he gets to 240 by adding muscle, he'll be our MLB next year.

I totally agree been saying this to people for a minute now. At 6'3 he can def add 10 to 20 lbs. I feel that he can even play at 250lbs at MLB. A friggin freak... thats an NFL size LB... He would do him self a big favor if he does that before the start of next season. He is still young yes and he can def be our second best LB next year with the weight.

Advertisement
I wonder if it were Barrow or Shannon who liked what they saw from Gaines

Paul is a got **** tackling machine. I don't care how short he is. He's going to be a very, very productive college player for us.

Advertisement
am i the only one that thinks gionni paul's played better lately?

He's a solid tackler, nothing great, nothing terrible. He is not the most athletic, and thus absolutely cannot cover anyone, and often is faked out of his jock on the edge by RB or even the occasional QB. With DP, EJ and RK (I hope he turns into the stud everyone is saying he will be), Paul can be a very solid backup next year along with Gaines.

To the OP, I've always pulled Gaines though there was a time when I didn't believe he was making much impact.

Lately his play has improved and am hoping that continues.

I thought USF was his best game as a Cane.

To the OP, I've always pulled Gaines though there was a time when I didn't believe he was making much impact.

Lately his play has improved and am hoping that continues.

I thought USF was his best game as a Cane.

**** good game against VT too.

Advertisement
Back