Let's talk Football: Most Indispensible Player 2020

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jarrid Williams and Al Blades.

If Williams can be an above average ACC lineman, the entire line goes from a major question mark/probable weak spot to most likely being able to hold its own. It’s beyond imperative that he can be counted on.

Al Blades is the only corner on the roster who has proven he can cover a soul. I’m terrified about the CB2 spot, if god forbid Blades goes down, look out.

Gets potentiality really ugly if either of those kids don’t perform up to expectations or get hurt. IMO we can absorb the loss of any other player not named King or Rousseau and be OK. Those 2 are critical, though.

I'm with @OrangeBowlMagic Blades. I still have hope for Ivey but there's a lot of youth there and otherwise unproven talent. Hopefully, our DL will make the job easy for them.

I'm with @OrangeBowlMagic Blades. I still have hope for Ivey but there's a lot of youth there and otherwise unproven talent. Hopefully, our DL will make the job easy for them.

I am bullish on the secondary. Not saying they will be awesome, but they will be better than we expect. Experience matters back there and shows year to year in most cases.

Advertisement
Advertisement
On offense...Cam'Ron Harris. Needs to be a steady presence in all facets of the game. Grind out dirty yards in garbage, pass catcher, blocker, salesman, red zone bully. If the offense takes a minute to get right, he needs to be the guy that steadies the ship.

On defense...Quincy Roche. If he solidifies one side as the complete player he showed himself to be at Temple, it will allow Gregory Rousseau to do what he does best and play inside more often. Secondary to this...whoever is replacing Shaq Quarterman. I'm not sure if its going to be Sam Brooks, McCloud, or Jennings. Not only do they need to be as good as Shaq was downhill and between the tackles, but for our defense to get better, they need to get to the edge faster than Shaq could. Couple this with providing 6 sacks like 2018 Shaq did and I think that player turns this defense from good to great. So, tl;dr Quincy Roche and the Mike linebacker.

Gotta be Scaife or Williams on the line or Blades. We don’t have the proven depth behind them that we do at other positions. I would even say Gurvan and Bolden could be 1B type guys in this conversation.

Advertisement
Back