Lets talk about the refs

Jimmy had a quote about the refs back then. We gotta start putting these teams away early bc we're never going to get any breaks in the ACC. It's just to be expected. Not even worth complaining about anymore. We already know what it is.

Correction young Grasshopper...Jimmy coached our team when we were independents, on to the Big East...His commit was directed at the refs in South Bend, Ind,. before the Notre Dame game...The statement proved to be a revelation as refs took away Cleveland Gary's late touchdown fumble costing us the game, and me $100.00...

Oh I know we weren't even in the Big East back then, Master Po.

If not for that game, and the Penn State fiasco, you're looking at one of the all time great runs in history. No doubt we would've won the championship that year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with all this but one thing that I have to add is that our coaches are not helping the matter.

Great coaches are master psychologists with the refs. They know how to work the situation to get favorable or at least fair treatment.

Whether its a comment in the major media during a pregame interview, a pregame discussion with the refs during warmups, or yelling and berating them throughout the game.

The coaches have to work the refs.

So what, if anything, can actually be done about the officiating? Is there no one at Miami that raises these points to the conference? Just sit and take it seems like a load of bs.

Advertisement
Back