Let's stop UNC on their first posession

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
Would be great if we stopped this trend of letting the opponent drive right up the field and score 7 to start the game.

That is big on the road at UNC. If we can take an early 2 or 3 TD lead, it's OVER.

Don't even let them in the game. That would be my gameplan.

Advertisement
I'd be happy with holding them to a FG.
D'onofrio likes to play very vanilla on the first few possessions so I wouldn't be shocked if they dinked and dunked us down the field.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the DL come out and dominate from the start? I'd like to see D'Onofrio get aggressive with some run blitzes early.

I think that's the most important part of this game. We need to get on them early and break whatever fake hype they come into this game with. Their fans will come in expecting the worst and ready to quit and so will the team. It's up to us to not let them get any confidence or momentum.

I think that's the most important part of this game. We need to get on them early and break whatever fake hype they come into this game with. Their fans will come in expecting the worst and ready to quit and so will the team. It's up to us to not let them get any confidence or momentum.

This. Kick in the door, and the whole rotting structure will come tumbling down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd be happy with holding them to a FG.
D'onofrio likes to play very vanilla on the first few possessions so I wouldn't be shocked if they dinked and dunked us down the field.

Yeah we are certainly reactive. A turnover right away would be pretty $$.

Advertisement
Back