Let's see your blocked punts

I know we did not have HD back in 1996, but it's sad that this is the best footage available of Mack's punt block against WVU. This footage looks like it was filmed with a potato and smuggled out of Afghanistan.

Advertisement
Ahhh loved it.
That center telegraphed his snap better than George Foreman did before he was going to throw the big right hand.

Then there's this.
Go to 1:24.
Shet, watch the entire 2:14 to start your Sunday off right.

By far, the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was pretty young for this play and didn't get to watch this game, but I definitely remembered Tremain Mack for it.

Years later I got to meet him at an alumni event in Seattle. Super nice dude.

I'll never forget I was watching that game sitting in disbelief that we were about to lose three in a row and we had to force a punt. It was a classic example of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. The other being the Duke eight lateral.

Advertisement
Watched the end of the game again.
Sweet.

At 2:35:55 the center rocks his body/head a split second before the snap.
That's a no-no.
ESPECIALLY with Mack out there.

Last edited:
Ahhh loved it.
That center telegraphed his snap better than George Foreman did before he was going to throw the big right hand.

Then there's this.
Go to 1:24.
Shet, watch the entire 2:14 to start your Sunday off right.

I paused the video and read the beginning of the newspaper article and it said the blocked punt we only sent 2 guys and 10 players on da field! LOL!

Insane stat on the screen at the end of the wvu game: Miami 15 blocked kicks in past 2 years, 7 of them by Mack. Make that 16 and 8. That is a wild amount of blocked kicks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back