Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

wappoo boat landing. Sol Legare, and folly river landing
Never even knew Sol Legare existed til now.. already learning. I've been to folly landing once and the commercial guys down there are complete ******* ********. When I first got down there I was turning to back in and one cut right in front of me and took the ramp I was backing into. No big deal, I just slid over to another one. When we came back in, I dropped my buddy on the dock and he went and got the truck. As he's backing in, I'm staging at the end of the dock to ride up on the trailer. A commercial guy goes around me and ties up 3/4 way up the dock and right in front of my buddy backing the trailer down. So I slide up and ask him if he can slide back on the dock so I can get on the trailer. He mumbles some **** but does it. I say thanks and get on the trailer. As he's walking by he goes 'you're welcome!!' real loud. And since I'm kinda ****ed I shot back 'for what?' and he yells 'for moving my boat you *******!' I said 'I'm the ******* here?' and he goes 'yeah ************, I'll be right back!!' and starts heading to his truck. Old ******* must have forgot his gun or whatever because he didn't even look at me when he came back. I'm not going back there, I don't need that kind of stupidity in my life.
When I get my boat back I'll hit you up and be glad to ride down there.. lol just not at folly.

Advertisement
Middle son and I got a chance to hit a tide we wanted to fish Friday in the thick of Tarpon season over on this side of the coast. We took a couple his buddies to try and put them on a big Peace River Tarpon. It turned out to be one of those days, after catching a little Bull Shark the first five minutes, we stuck this big Tarpon. Doesn't always work like this. Nothing like a river Tarpon, nobody around, still water, very quite, then a reel starts screeching and the water explodes with a big powerful magnificent looking fish flashing silver. This was the last of about six jumps.

Post some Summer fish shots, what ya got?
View attachment 118853
The strike and that first jump of any game fish is one of the most exciting things there are. I am not a fish eater so except back in the day when I was hunting wall art, I prefer they get free once I have them near the boat. I assume they prefer to break free and get a mercy release. Silver Kings are worthy foes.

The strike and that first jump of any game fish is one of the most exciting things there are. I am not a fish eater so except back in the day when I was hunting wall art, I prefer they get free once I have them near the boat. I assume they prefer to break free and get a mercy release. Silver Kings are worthy foes.
Isn't that known as the "Palm Beach Release"...

Advertisement
He's probably forgotten more about fishing than I know. I'm still a rookie. He said it was the most productive fishing trip for not being prepared he's been on. I'm still not sure if he was complementing me lol.
Well, being baby with two older brothers I'm guessing not. Spent youth getting beat up by them and late teen years getting back at them - oldest got shoulder separation during pick up football game and the middle one got concussion during his last attempt to wrestle with me. Once I got rich they decided it was more fun getting mom to make me give them money. Loved my brothers and had great fun with them. but I liked my sisters a lot more. They spoiled me.

Advertisement
Well, being baby with two older brothers I'm guessing not. Spent youth getting beat up by them and late teen years getting back at them - oldest got shoulder separation during pick up football game and the middle one got concussion during his last attempt to wrestle with me. Once I got rich they decided it was more fun getting mom to make me give them money. Loved my brothers and had great fun with them. but I liked my sisters a lot more. They spoiled me.
I was the baby also but my bro didn't pick on me because I was bigger. My sister on the other hand was a lot older and ****ed us both up and then hauled *** to college when we got bigger. She did shape my music when I was young, slapped whatever stupid **** I was listening to out of my hand and handed me a Black Sabbath album. I still thank her for that.

Yeah weather plays a big role. If you ever get a chance you should go back, best fishing in the world. Last time I went we filled 3 coolers. Lot of mangrove snapper, lot of red, some black drum too, snook, sheepshead, and some grouper.

I will defenitely give it another shot. Right now thanks to this thread I am lining up a trip out of destin in October.

this photo is the path we had to take through the mangroves to get our to open water in the Everglades. I’m sure snakes were everywhere

E7064BE4-54BD-49C7-BD0B-A104B2D7B34D.jpeg

Advertisement
That would be terrifying

25 knot winds kept us out of the bay so we had to find our way through the maze of islands and tide shifts. We were 100% planning to tie off to a mangrove island and be stuck out there. Paddled 19 miles and found the marker buoy 15 mins before dark....wont make that trip without a gps.

Definitely useful.
Just look at this map. The area we're discussing is a labyrinth.
Oh I definitely agree, I spent a week in there with my family on a 23ft Sea Craft in the late 70's. Only now do I realize how much harder it was for my pops to navigate without a 15" screen and gps onboard. Map and a compass was how I grew up. It's an art I should probably revisit with my own son.

Advertisement
Oh I definitely agree, I spent a week in there with my family on a 23ft Sea Craft in the late 70's. Only now do I realize how much harder it was for my pops to navigate without a 15" screen and gps onboard. Map and a compass was how I grew up. It's an art I should probably revisit with my own son.
I personally don't use one because my Dad taught me how to use landmarks and pay attention to the surroundings. But absolutely necessary for most in general...

I was the baby also but my bro didn't pick on me because I was bigger. My sister on the other hand was a lot older and ****ed us both up and then hauled *** to college when we got bigger. She did shape my music when I was young, slapped whatever stupid **** I was listening to out of my hand and handed me a Black Sabbath album. I still thank her for that.
Sound like fun. I was bigger too but a whole lot younger so it took some years to matter. I did have one sister slap me across the room into a wall, the other two were nicer. I learned quickly to be nice to the mean one. We are old family and down to just the bookend boys and the youngest sister. We buried the middle sister last year. The downside to big family you have little experience dealing with the loneliness as it creeps up on you. Wife, kids, grandkids and friends are great but your siblings know you like none others.

Never much a Black Sabbath fan but did deal with a couple of the members who got into some "trouble" here. One of their buddies in Molly Hatchet referred them. Wasn't into their music either but $$$ is $$$. My Lord that must have been 1/2 century ago. Man we need to win another NC fast.

Man fellas; I’m hella impressed. I used to fish all the time as a youngster; deep sea fishing off Marina Del Rey in LA, and down in Mississippi in the Summers, the Gulf of Mexico, and lake fishing at Hemet, and Castaic. Used to abalone dive too. My Grandma back in Mississippi had a cat fish pond, and that’s where I learned as a young boy.

Man, I haven’t been fishing in years; at least 15 besides picking it up from the local seafood market, but u gentlemen have inspired me to pick it up again. Hella impressed w what I’m seeing. And hella impressed w @1LuvCane & @caneinorlando w the smoking, cooking tips.
Canes fan fishing tourney??? Let's set it up

Advertisement
Back