Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Advertisement
Who tf eats Snook on a Sandwich??...And please dont tell me what fish I should have on MY list....Ive slayed more Fish in the last 40yrs than you can comprehend....

youuuu are mistaken there bud. I am third generation commercial fisherman. I’ve caught more on one trip than you have in a year. No disrespect meant yougrew Up in restaurants you have more experience there than me but to say you have slayed more is false. I sell fish to restaurants like yours..... and your competitors down the road.

Any swordfish?
mostly night...we go down to hillsboro and drift the stream back to stuart. If I were more handy I'd attach a pic or 2. From where we are we can also be in West End Bahamas in about 21/2 hours. Dutifully check in at Old Bahama Bay then speed troll for wahoo up to White Sand Ridge then switch to deep dropping during afternoon then head up to the corner for Tuna and other very big boys, Great to live on east coast because we have it all within reach.foy

Boca grande is the only place i wont reach into the water to help release fish. Insane amount of sharks. I love all of that pine island area too.

The East coast gets so many more shark attacks, they're very rare over here. A guy was fighting a Tarpon last season in Boca Grande Pass and fell overboard; got his leg raked by a Bull shark chasing the Tarpon he had brought alongside -angler's fault, not shark. I can think of only a couple of others over my lifetime.

My theory is sharks that work the Gulf Stream, come up into that shallow water and anything's game (They're thinking the mullet run). Plus you have surfers, waves aren't consistent for surfing here. Over here offshore you have to go 20 miles to get in 40 feet of water, they are more cautious in the shallows as they approach our beaches. During every Tarpon season, you see people swimming on the other side of the jetty in Boca Grande - no one gets attacked. The sharks just hang in the Pass, let you tire the fish out, then come eat.

We do the Freedom Swim across the Peace River in Punta Gorda, up Charlotte Harbor where Tarpon from the Pass move in and out on the tide. We've had 100lb Tarpon cut in half by Bull Sharks way up above where we do the swim, but again, people are in the water all the time, no attacks. This will be my 22nd swim- nobody has had any problems, you're in the water anywhere from 40 minutes (High school swim team kids) to us old guys who are drinking and dog paddling all the way across over 2-3 hours.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...-bite-in-boca-grande-pass-florida/1102071001/

Last edited:
Advertisement
youuuu are mistaken there bud. I am third generation commercial fisherman. I’ve caught more on one trip than you have in a year. No disrespect meant yougrew Up in restaurants you have more experience there than me but to say you have slayed more is false. I sell fish to restaurants like yours..... and your competitors down the road.
I dont give af who or what you are...You saying I'm landlocked...and have a 18' Mako sitting in my driveway....Lol at commercial fisherman...So tf what.....My advice...learn who you're talking to before spouting off...

I just moved back to Fl, Cape Coral/Ft Myers. Took my granddaughters boyfriend wade fishing twice and he got a nice snook and a few nice trout. I got skunked...but as others mentioned, really cool to put others on fish. Reading Silver Kings part about the sharks on this coast makes me feel better, because where we wade is across from Boca Grande, and I will admit I was a bit uneasy...getting out of the water interesting as wild pigs squealing in the vicinity...lol.

mostly night...we go down to hillsboro and drift the stream back to stuart. If I were more handy I'd attach a pic or 2. From where we are we can also be in West End Bahamas in about 21/2 hours. Dutifully check in at Old Bahama Bay then speed troll for wahoo up to White Sand Ridge then switch to deep dropping during afternoon then head up to the corner for Tuna and other very big boys, Great to live on east coast because we have it all within reach.foy
You're totally right on the east coast but you need the tools. Ive done Spanish Wells a couple of times. Sounds like you enjoy some awesome fishing...

Advertisement
I just moved back to Fl, Cape Coral/Ft Myers. Took my granddaughters boyfriend wade fishing twice and he got a nice snook and a few nice trout. I got skunked...but as others mentioned, really cool to put others on fish. Reading Silver Kings part about the sharks on this coast makes me feel better, because where we wade is across from Boca Grande, and I will admit I was a bit uneasy...getting out of the water interesting as wild pigs squealing in the vicinity...lol.
Cayo costa and the Sanibel grass flats (before the toll) are good wading spots...

Monday sunset in the Islamorada.

BA345D54-D091-4DCC-BA04-C1192DFAD325.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm recently retired...for the last 20yrs I was running 5-6 restaurants (Back of House) I promise you....you didn't sell ANY of them a Cot **** thing....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back