Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Advertisement
Stole this recipe from a Chef friend 25yrs ago......
Take a 6-8 oz Pompano Fillet
Lay on a large piece of parchment paper
Top with Lump Crabmeat
Fold the parchment paper so it envelopes the fillet with topped Crab meat...
Lay the envelope on a Fajita metal tray...
Bake at °350 for approx 20 mins....
Take out, and slit the parchment paper with a sharp knife or better yet...razor blade so it opens up like a petal..
Laddle some Hollandaise over Fish and crabmeat....
Sprinkle with diced Chives...
Call CaneinOrlando and Award his *** with the Prestigious CIS Culinary Award....
Thanks my brother. Getting this from you is like being handed money. Appreciate it.

Advertisement
For me it's
1. raw tuna
2. raw yellow tail
3. grouper or mahi cooked
I admit to having a very limited palate when it comes to fish because I don't like tons of stuff on them to change/alter the taste. For instance, if I see a caper I'm out.. don't kill me chef lol Usually when I cook fish it's on the grill with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil.

For me it's
1. raw tuna
2. raw yellow tail
I admit to having a very limited palate when it comes to fish because I don't like tons of stuff on them to change/alter the taste. For instance, if I see a caper I'm out.. don't kill me chef lol Usually when I cook fish it's on the grill with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil.
That's not limited, its discerning.

For me it's
1. raw tuna
2. raw yellow tail

tilefish, grouper, wahoo for me ...... throw in a yellow eye, red or queen snapper and voila! (P.S. FOR YOU MAHI GUYS TRY FISH RIBS BY BEHEADING THE CARCASS AND SEARING EACH SIDE OF THE RIBS FOR 2-3 MINUTES, DRIZZLE SOME TERYAKI SAUCE ALLOVER RIBS AND YOU WILL BE PICKING THE SEATEST MAHI MEAT EVER FROM BETWEEN BONES)

Advertisement
tilefish, grouper, wahoo for me ...... throw in a yellow eye, red or queen snapper and voila! (P.S. FOR YOU MAHI GUYS TRY FISH RIBS BY BEHEADING THE CARCASS AND SEARING EACH SIDE OF THE RIBS FOR 2-3 MINUTES, DRIZZLE SOME TERYAKI SAUCE ALLOVER RIBS AND YOU WILL BE PICKING THE SEATEST MAHI MEAT EVER FROM BETWEEN BONES)
You're a deep dropper...

I'll be fishing in Charleston 2 weeks from now, can't wait. I'm in Rock Hill (near Charlotte) and fishing here sucks. Like using live bait and can't catch **** bad.

you are coming at a great time. The trout and redfish bite is on. Flats are loaded up schools of reds

Advertisement
I guess that’s what happens when you live in the landlocked part of Florida lol
I guess that’s what happens when you live in the landlocked part of Florida lol
Bro Stop it...I grew up in Ft Myers literally on the Beach....I have a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts from CIA....I apprenticed and lived on Captiva Island for 3yrs....I promise you I need no lessons in ref to Florida Culinary Dishes.....

View attachment 118922

I'm in Charleston SC. This is from approximately Ft. Sumter in the mouth of the harbor out to Comanche reef where I caught the bigger AJ in 100 ft. of water. The dive spot just above is Y73 reef in 90ft of water and where I caught the smaller AJ. I've been told 150ft is approximately another 20 miles further out. I'm running around in a 26ft Avenger bay boat so I really have to pick my days.

we got some canes in Charleston!! Love it.

Advertisement
You just fish inshore or do you head out? I'm looking for an occasional buddy boat if you're interested? When I was out at Comanche there was nobody insight, couldn't even get a radio check.

I do mostly in shore but that’s bc I’ve Never had a chance to do off shore but a couple times. I’m always down to fish.

I’m running a 22’ key west CC

I have a smaller 1720 key west sportsman for gettin in those skinny creeks.

my buddies and I are big into shrimping as well. You getinto that at all?

Bro Stop it...I grew up in Ft Myers literally on the Beach....I have a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts from CIA....I apprenticed and lived on Captiva Island for 3yrs....I promise you I need no lessons in ref to Florida Culinary Dishes.....

why you always feel like everyone is attacking you lol I grew up in Cortez Florida, literally on a boat, like floating in The oldest Commercial fishing village in the state. I have a degree from CAA not including my degree from UM. I apprenticed from the late Gualtiero Marchesi. Now if we are done with **** measuring contest, all I said (in jest) was one of those two needed to be in your top 3 but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people love *** ****, not my cup of tea but who am I to judge? You do you and enjoy that snook samich.

why you always feel like everyone is attacking you lol I grew up in Cortez Florida, literally on a boat, like floating in The oldest Commercial fishing village in the state. I have a degree from CAA not including my degree from UM. I apprenticed from the late Gualtiero Marchesi. Now if we are done with **** measuring contest, all I said (in jest) was one of those two needed to be in your top 3 but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people love *** ****, not my cup of tea but who am I to judge? You do you and enjoy that snook samich.
Who tf eats Snook on a Sandwich??...And please dont tell me what fish I should have on MY list....Ive slayed more Fish in the last 40yrs than you can comprehend....

Advertisement
Back