Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

Advertisement
A fun little angle i do is in key largo their is a guy who sells 25lb chum blocks. Alll i do is buy the block go out to 75-100ft and find structure. Start chumming like a mad man for about 30 minutes. Then i chuck some tube lures on a 1/4 ounce HookUp pink jig head on light tackle. Fun *** time.

Advertisement
That's a long way out. I had a 21ft Wahoo did great in the ocean but only one 200 Merc anything more than 35 miles out kind of got me a little nervous. If I had stayed in Fl I was going to upgrade to a 26-27 Island runner with two motors. Always wanted to go over to Bimini area fishing too.
Right! That's why I waited for my bro to get here before I made a run like that. I had an 18ft flats boat until recently and shallow/super shallow was all I did. Now I'm learning a bigger boat and have only been out past the jetties maybe 4 times. Running that far out had me ****ting. Eventually I'd like to get a larger boat with twins and a deeper V but for now I've got a lot to learn targeting fish in anything deeper than 10ft. My bro was FWC for close to 20 years and was showing me stuff even on the way out. I'm definitely a rookie running anything other than a flats boat.

Now that's comparing Lingard to Cam. The reds outshine....

They sure do! But hey, had fun catching them all. But I must say, reds cost $500 to get out there and catch and well, the catfish was free. Just threw the line out back and went back inside till the bells rung lol. Would rather be out in the Gulf of Mexico or the bay then my backyard any day though lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Love me some pomps...
Stole this recipe from a Chef friend 25yrs ago......
Take a 6-8 oz Pompano Fillet
Lay on a large piece of parchment paper
Top with Lump Crabmeat
Fold the parchment paper so it envelopes the fillet with topped Crab meat...
Lay the envelope on a Fajita metal tray...
Bake at °350 for approx 20 mins....
Take out, and slit the parchment paper with a sharp knife or better yet...razor blade so it opens up like a petal..
Laddle some Hollandaise over Fish and crabmeat....
Sprinkle with diced Chives...
Call CaneinOrlando and Award his *** with the Prestigious CIS Culinary Award....

Advertisement
Back