Lets have a debate....? Do we beat Duke,Pitt,and Virginia ?

1CN

Sophomore
Can the Canes defeat Duke, Pittsburgh and Virginia this season?

If the Canes beat these 3 teams,and 8 plus winning season
could be in Hurricane's future...

Unfortunately the Duke ,Pittsburgh and Virginia have giving the
Canes more than they can handle.....

Advertisement
Going over our schedule since 2011, Golden has never escaped this trio of teams unscathed.

History says he's a lock to lose at least 1 of these.

We beat Duke but lose to UVA and Pitt.

I think UVA will be better than people expect and Narduzzi will have Pitt playing solid football by the end of the year which is when we happen to play them.

Advertisement
1-3 at best. 2-3 if the team somehow finds its mojo. The team should be in quit mode by then.

Pat Narduzzi - gone out coach Folden
Mike London - 3-1 vs Folden
David Cutcliff - Folden wins on better talent but will still get out coached.

Guys I have been tellling you this, Golden is good at one thing which is disappointing its fans. So the people expecting us to win 5 or 6 games be warned, Golden is going to disappoint you. I think we go 8-4, enough this administration will think twice about sh:t canning him.

And if somehow, which I think might be likely, this sorry division beats each other that could be enough to win it which will be much more difficult for this equally sorry administration to give him his walking papers.

With that said, I think we beat Duke in a very close game probably something like 21-20. We also win against Virginia by 10 because its at home and Golden will know his job is in jeopardy with a loss. We lose to Pitt by 17.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The fact that question even needs to be asked is all you need to know about Al Golden.

Guys I have been tellling you this, Golden is good at one thing which is disappointing its fans. So the people expecting us to win 5 or 6 games be warned, Golden is going to disappoint you. I think we go 8-4, enough for this administration will think twice about sh:t canning him.

And if somehow, which I think might be likely, this sorry division beats each other that could be enough to win it which will be much more difficult for this equally sorry administration to give him his walking papers.

With that said, I think we beat Duke in a very close game probably something like 21-20. We also win against Virginia by 10 because its at home and Golden will know his job is in jeopardy with a loss. We lose to Pitt by 17.

Lol at golden getting 8 wins this season.

There is no chance in **** we win all 3 of these games.

You guys are forgetting that these games occur after the VaTech, FSU, Clemson stretch. We're losing all 3 of those games. Clemson and FSU, in particular, are going to be complete blowouts. The team will once again quit on Folden, just like they did last season after FSU.

Our only hope is that we completely fall apart during that following that stretch and he is fired.

Otherwise, we'll have to endure the Folden cultists blaming the players and labeling kids "me guys" next offseason in an attempt to scapegoat how awful of a coach their hero is.

Last edited:
Pitt is going to be tough to beat at home. Miami will handle UVA & Duke.

I think it's going to come down to Miami vs. Pittsburgh for the coastal.

Advertisement
Guys I have been tellling you this, Golden is good at one thing which is disappointing its fans. So the people expecting us to win 5 or 6 games be warned, Golden is going to disappoint you. I think we go 8-4, enough for this administration will think twice about sh:t canning him.

Okay, don't say I didn't warn you

We've lost to UVA 4 of 5 times. And the one time we beat them was a death struggle for a half until their ****tiness overwhelmed us and we won 20+. And we STILL gave up like 800 yards of offense.

I gotta admit I'm a little worried about this. Kaaya is so good, he might will the team to 8 wins by himself.

But I suspect Al will lose the team just like he has the past few seasons.

Advertisement
Got 'em 1-2 with these three. I think they beat Duke away (although no cakewalk), lose to UVA because Al Golden; and are a dead team walking with Pittsburgh.

Got 'em 1-2 with these three. I think they beat Duke away (although no cakewalk), lose to UVA because Al Golden; and are a dead team walking with Pittsburgh.

You are right. Duke maybe... but the other two, Al would have lost the team by then.

Our only win against UVA since 2009. Basically took 3 defensive scores to win on Senior Day.

[video=youtube;ySai9gAN3Uw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySai9gAN3Uw[/video]

Okay, don't say I didn't warn you

Hey pimp, just don't come on here crying over spilt milk when Canes go 5-7 this season.

Advertisement
Back