lets be real can we beat fsu with morris

You dont turn into something your not. We will get killed doing that

Obviously defense will have to make adjustments but offense needs to attack. If we sit back and play conservative we wont move the ball and we will turn it over

Advertisement
Really, no. I don't see some metamorphisis with Morris. Four years and he is what he is. Has some streaks in him, where he can hit one or two home runs, but also has a solid record of dissapearing for 2-3 qtrs, and going through long strecthes of horrendous accuracy, awful red zone passing, and Kyle Wright like sack taking.

He does play with confidence, though. Doesn't quit.

FSU was light years ahead of us in 2011 and 2012, and we were in both games.

Advertisement
MORRIS DIDNT PRACTICE ALL WEEK GIVE HIM A BREAK

I recently was traveling, and while I didn't drive a car for an entire week, **** if I got stupid when I got home and DID drive.

Poor decision making. Late throws. Forced throws. Prefers to leave the pocket and run directly into the outside rush.

MORRIS DIDNT PRACTICE ALL WEEK GIVE HIM A BREAK

I recently was traveling, and while I didn't drive a car for an entire week, **** if I got stupid when I got home and DID drive.

Poor decision making. Late throws. Forced throws. Prefers to leave the pocket and run directly into the outside rush.

When you dont practice, while trying to hide the fact that you have a bum ankle, it would get any player (@ any position) rusty and out of sync.

His timing was off, but also UNC mixed up their looks that confused him as well, which was compounded by the fact that he didnt practice....

Stephen did throw for 322 yards he just didnt finish, until the final drive.... i think that's something that can be improved on.

Last edited:
yes but he needs to start using walford more!!! how many tight ends have come out of miami?!? why he doesn't throw to him more often is beyond me.

1. pound the rock, oline needs to destroy people
2. eat up clock and keep winston off the field (probably not realistic, we suck at sustaining long drives)
3. confuse winston, bring 6-7 guys right up to the line and zone blitz
4. play some man defense, winston will kill our zone
5. score one on special teams
6. no turnovers
7. get duke the ball in a variety of ways

Game winning drive against unc was 90 yards.

Advertisement
Cane Dynasty;1635626[B said:
]Like I said in the other thread. We have the playmakers on D to beat FSU.[/B]

I don't think they are going to be able to pound us in the run game and that is gonna open some doors for the one man slaughterhouse. (#17)

#3 can make plays too. He is growing up massive amounts every week.

Don't know if I agree with you on that. I think we have a bunch of solid, but very average guys at a number of positions. They're well coached, disciplined, and play hard, but we don't have a lot of exceptional athletic talent on our defense--yet. Only in some positions.
I hope you're right though. I would love to see us get some pressure on the young QB, he's not a great athlete when he scrambles, but he's mobile enough. Still, I would really love to see him running for his life. We don't have great, explosive inside guys and that makes it more difficult. Would love to have a Sapp or Jerome Brown. We really need to find some guys like that.

I think we have trouble with that offense.

2. eat up clock and keep winston off the field (probably not realistic, we suck at sustaining long drives)
6. no turnovers

Game winning drive against unc was 90 yards.

We need to run like we did in the early 90's with Steve McGuire. We have the OL to do it, I don't think we have the RBs to do it. I do not think Duke is a 30 carry a game guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/10/18/sports/a-fullback-grows-in-florida.html

Maybe Duke and Crawford can do it together. I don't know. I'd rather have a bigger back that can take a lot of punishment, run hard, break tackles. I wish we still had Mike James or Damien Berry.

The less we have to rely on Morris to hit short and intermediate passes to move the chains the less trouble we should be getting into, and the less time Winston gets the ball.

Last edited:
I don't think we have a chance without him. I think this team lives and dies with Morris if you're talking about a game like this. We aren't going to stop that team so we'll have to score a lot and I don't think we can run over them. So you're left hoping Morris gets into a hot zone. A game manager isn't going to go into that stadium and win we're going to have to make a tremendous number of plays to stay near them.

We beat them in 1994 with Frank Costa, we can beat them in 2 weeks with Steven Morris.

This is the best FSU team I've seen in years. I don't think the issue is Morris. I think we're not as talented in a number of areas as we've been in the past, and as FSU is now.

I think we're a year or two away of being worthy of a ranking near the top five, maybe even the top 10. Sorry, but I've been a Canes fan for longer than most here have been living, and I'm not drinking the kool-aid about this team. We're tremendously improved, have a winning attitude and passion that we've lacked for years, but when I look around, I see some solid to good players at a lot of positions, but not the kind of superior kids we've had on our best teams. We're at least a year away, probably two.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to destroy those ********.

This. Been a fan since since the mid 70's, and this is the most realistic assesment of this team and where we are currently in the progression of our growth. Good, getting better, but not there yet. That being said. I hope we push the Noles junk in and slobber knock them!

Advertisement
6. no turnovers

I 100 agree with this statement

If anyone believes we can beat FSU then you need to have your head examined. First everyone said Winston hadn't played anyone and wasn't that good. Well from what I have seen Winston is the best player in college football. I expect us to lose by more than 3 TDs because we are not that good.

The one decent team we have played was Florida and their offense is terrible but against us they went up and down the field like Oregon but kept shooing themselves in the foot.

If we keep it within 21 points we should be happy. Will say it again I would take a 3 loss season right now.

Advertisement
6. no turnovers

I 100 agree with this statement

I agree we showed throw different blitzes at winston. run the ball dont turn it in air it out kinda game .

I just hope this game is close. I know we aren't legit contenders this year so I am more interested in sweeping our division versus beating FSU.

Advertisement
Back