Let's be honest

PimpCane

Redshirt Freshman
We were overhyped coming into this game.

Don't get me wrong, we could have competed and coached a lot better than we did but the excitement from beating an overrated Louisville team and blowing out a bitter rival had us floating too high.

Given our competition in the conference I still think we can make the ACC Championship and believe we should.

But talent-wise we're just not what a Miami team should look like at the WR, LB and CB positions.

Although our coaches got embarrassed tonight talent continues to be the main difference between us and the Clemsons of the world. We desperately need to keep this recruiting class together.

The verdict is still out on Manny, but if he beats the teams we are supposed to beat this year I will be satisfied.

On to Pitt.

Advertisement
As long as our confidence isn’t broken by this loss. I don’t see why we can’t win out.

Most ACC teams are on par with Louisville. So we should light it up.

Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, we could have competed and coached a lot better than we did but the excitement from beating an overrated Louisville team and blowing out a bitter rival had us floating too high.

Given our competition in the conference I still think we can make the ACC Championship and believe we should.

But talent-wise we're just not what a Miami team should look like at the WR, LB and CB positions.

Although our coaches got embarrassed tonight talent continues to be the main difference between us and the Clemsons of the world. We desperately need to keep this recruiting class together.

The verdict is still out on Manny, but if he beats the teams we are supposed to beat this year I will be satisfied.

On to Pitt.
This is exactly what i said last week and everyone here gave me the middle finger. Y'all arent ready for prime time. I like the U and think CFB is better when Miami is relevant. I could be wrong, but Manny ain't the guy. At all.

I mean we were a 15 point road underdog. Any indication of us winning this game was either wishful thinking or superstition.

What is it up to now, like 140 - 20, the last 3 times we've played? There's a new and improve miami offense for miami in there somewhere if you look hard enough lmao. We can win out easily I think, but fck if this isn't a frustrating *** loss.

This is exactly what i said last week and everyone here gave me the middle finger. Y'all arent ready for prime time. I like the U and think CFB is better when Miami is relevant. I could be wrong, but Manny ain't the guy. At all.
1602523486340.png

Advertisement
Losing to Clemson is nothing to be ashamed of.

Just ask 99.98% of the other teams in CFB

So let's abandon this season. Some don't think we can win out. I thought that having qb king would solve all problems. Now, I feel negativity and depression. One game at a time folks. I'm not quitting on this team.

Losing to Clemson is nothing to be ashamed of.

Just ask 99.98% of the other teams in CFB
To me it's not about losing to Clemson, it's about how badly we did in some aspects of the game. Stupid sht like penalties, and general missing of opportunities. If we had come out of the half and scored 10 points between having the ball first and creating a TO, I think I'd feel a lot differently. Sure, they were going to beat us eventually...too much talent on and off the field. But had we shot ourselves in the foot a little less and capitalized on a few opportunities, I'd be wondering if we really were back. This might look like '99 had we done a few things better. Sadly we didn't.

On to Pitt.
In other words, we are not as good as we think we are, and we are not as bad as we think we are ...

Advertisement
To me it's not about losing to Clemson, it's about how badly we did in some aspects of the game. Stupid sht like penalties, and general missing of opportunities. If we had come out of the half and scored 10 points between having the ball first and creating a TO, I think I'd feel a lot differently. Sure, they were going to beat us eventually...too much talent on and off the field. But had we shot ourselves in the foot a little less and capitalized on a few opportunities, I'd be wondering if we really were back. This might look like '99 had we done a few things better. Sadly we didn't.

I agree with you for the most part... but just playing against good or great teams can cause many "unforced " errors. Especially when you're on the road.

It takes lots of poise and discipline to overcome and prevent any error from occurring and especially reoccurring.. Bad breaks are part of the game. It's all in the how you react to these setbacks.

All game long after a setback I had the impression after that setback occurred it would stop us from keeping a drive going or making a stop.

In contrast, I always had the distinct unwanted impression that Clemson would find a way....the same feeling that used to give me so much confidence watching the old Canes playing against ANYONE ..i.e 3rd and 44 to Randall Hill or the interception that won our 1st national Championship (those ol Canes had NO QUIT)

We're not there yet. But hopefully we learned enough about ourselves during that game to know that we've got to improve significantly... and most importantly we must have the will to do it

We'll soon see

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with you for the most part... but just playing against good or great teams can cause many "unforced " errors. Especially when you're on the road.

It takes lots of poise and discipline to overcome and prevent any error from occurring and especially reoccurring.. Bad breaks are part of the game. It's all in the how you react to these setbacks.

All game long after a setback I had the impression that when a setback occurred it would stop us from keeping a drive going or making a stop.

In contrast, I always had the distinct unwanted impression that Clemson would find a way....the same feeling that used to give me so much confidence watching the old Canes playing against ANYONE

We're not there yet. But hopefully we learned enough about ourselves during that game to know that we've got to improve...and most importantly, have the will to do it

We'll soon see
True. But we've all spent a decade waiting for that improbable win that tells you the team is close to being very very good, and this just wasn't it. Sure, it was a step forward from the last two times we played those guys, but it wasn't much. I'm still waiting to see a Cane's team win a game nobody thought they could.

True. But we've all spent a decade waiting for that improbable win that tells you the team is close to being very very good, and this just wasn't it. Sure, it was a step forward from the last two times we played those guys, but it wasn't much. I'm still waiting to see a Cane's team win a game nobody thought they could.

Yep!! You and me both

Plus ending that curse of having that annual improbable loss no one ever sees coming

Last edited:

On to Pitt.
Rinse, repeat.

In the coming weeks: rinse, repeat.

Next year: rinse, repeat.

Manuela is a very very very sloooow learner. Rinse, repeat.

Need to stop making excuses. We should have played better. No we were not going to win, but we should have played better. That’s the bottom line. I am proud of how they fought to the end. Blades should have had a pick six to end it and that would have rattled Dabo. But we even blew that opportunity.

Advertisement
Back