Lets be honest here boys...

When that ball gets kicked off this Saturday you'll be forced to cheer, be forced to get excited when we win, be forced to get disappointed if we lose.

If that's what you think is needed to be a fan, then I couldn't disagree with you more.

Why I'm I going to cheer if we beat Bethune Cookman or FAU? Why should I get excited if we win games we're supposed to? Why should I be disappointed when we inevitably lose the big games and toss ups?

If you're still judging Golden and his crew of imposters on a game by game basis, you're an idiot.Point blank.

Why, after 4 years of body of work, are you going to live and die with these Canes? Golden has proven himself to be an imposter, and yet you idiots think we're going to suddenly change?

Do me a favor, and in the off chance we go 4-0 to start the season, keep that idiotic chest beating to yourself. Golden will inevitably fail, so keep your head down low until we get into real football months, october - november, before you say one measly word.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The chestbeating will be hilarious when and if we beat Nebraska. This program has won a big OOC game nearly every season for the past 10 years. But once we go into conference play is when the brakes fall off.

I'm just glad we aren't playing Wake Forest this year.

What is the point of this thread?

Are you expecting people to say: "Aw shucks, you're right. GO CANES!"

This is not rocket science. The more losses pile up, the more likely our incompetent head coach is fired so this program at least has the opportunity to get on the right trajectory for the first time in well over a decade.

Ill still be there at games, cheering for the good plays b¡tching after the bad plays, i hate the position the program is right now but i will never ever cheer for loses

Advertisement
I'll say it again, UM administration, the new el presidente', the AD and all of the board of distrustees that sat quietly and did nothing after last season all signed up for everything that is going to happen this season. What that will be remains to be seen, but its clear that the fan base is losing their desire to see the football team win games. That should tell you something, and not necessarily about our fan base, but rather about the university's leadership...

...or lack thereof.

They're gonna find out exactly what losing fan support means when there are less than 10k bodies in seats for certain games if this season goes **** up. That's what got Shannon fired, and the same will come to pass for the current regime. And there is plenty of blame to go around within Hecht and the Board of Trustees. You simply cannot ignore an entire decade of failure by your flagship athletic program, which is the aspect by which this university is most identified by, by the at-large public. It's akin to McDonald's allowing the Golden Arches to be smeared with fecal matter and not washing it off for 10 years, makes no sense at all.

I'll say it again, UM administration, the new el presidente', the AD and all of the board of distrustees that sat quietly and did nothing after last season all signed up for everything that is going to happen this season. What that will be remains to be seen, but its clear that the fan base is losing their desire to see the football team win games. That should tell you something, and not necessarily about our fan base, but rather about the university's leadership...

...or lack thereof.

They're gonna find out exactly what losing fan support means when there are less than 10k bodies in seats for certain games if this season goes **** up. That's what got Shannon fired, and the same will come to pass for the current regime. And there is plenty of blame to go around within Hecht and the Board of Trustees. You simply cannot ignore an entire decade of failure by your flagship athletic program, which is the aspect by which this university is most identified by, by the at-large public. It's akin to McDonald's allowing the Golden Arches to be smeared with fecal matter and not washing it off for 10 years, makes no sense at all.

UM administration doesn't give a fvck. Not about the football program, not about the fans, the players, nothing.

Eyebrows weren't even raised from the department after last year's dismal ending. Instead we got an explanation of why we should just take the results on the chin and accept it. They even had the balls to say that season finale against Pittsburgh had an "announced" crowd of 61,000. At that point, you've got to realize UM is just holding it's balls and flicking us off right in our face telling us to blow them.

Any program in the country that takes itself seriously would have had Golden on the hot seat after losing four of the last six to end the 13-14 season. Any program would have fired him after last year. If and when he's fired this year, it'll be complete luck if we turn this thing around cause we'll get another discount coach.

They haven't ignored the past decade, they've embraced it.

Last edited:
Ill still be there at games, cheering for the good plays b¡tching after the bad plays, i hate the position the program is right now but i will never ever cheer for loses

SLURPERS gonna slurp.

Mopers gonna mope (and don't take this as I love AG, actually think the guy is a BAD fit for UM, but NEVER going to root against my alma mater)

Last edited:
Rooting for a pullback in the markets so you can increase your investment doesnt mean that you want to see the market totally collapse.

Nicely put. I waited years for the 2008 collapse. Made a small fortune because I was on the sideline as market fell and fell, cheering all the way. Got in a week before bottom. Went to cash about a year ago to await next collapse. Doesn't mean I hate the stock market.

Advertisement
I've been a Cane fanatic ever since that wonderful upset of Nebraska for our 1st Nat. Champ. However, it does kill me
when everyone knows that we were robbed of two more Champs. by refs in the Notre Dame and Ohio St. games.
With that said, I first came out supporting Golden - I thought he would field a team in 2014. It got so bad for me
that I shut the TV off in the 3rd Qtr. So unless Golden pulls a miracle with a 10 - 2 reg. season I shall go back
to the mantra: bring back Butch ! Enough said.

Advertisement
Golden keeps on trying to make the Canes into Penn St. And anyone with a half a brain knows that the
old Canes brought speed to the game. Finally, also, this aint Temple.

I've been a long time lurker here on this forum and I feel the need to say that I think most of you guys here are all talk about "rooting for losses" or about how you're disinterested in this new canes regime.

I can't argue with your qualms for the coaching staff, the product on the field, or the amount of wasted talent we send to the NFL. At the end of the day they're still wearing the orange/green with the U on their helmet. Guess what? So are YOU. When that ball gets kicked off this Saturday you'll be forced to cheer, be forced to get excited when we win, be forced to get disappointed if we lose.

Face it, the Canes are apart of you, its in your blood. No matter if its '01 with the greatest team in CFB history or '14 going 6-7 with Al Golden. You're in this for life whether you like it or not, might as well accept that now and support this program in its darkest hours.

Go C-A-N-E-S.

Same. I never post but the people rooting for losses... The amount of negativity from our fans....How many times can you beat a dead horse? Everyone knows Goldens not elite but it's the same ahi* every post.

Everyone knows Golden's not elite? Yeah, everyone realizes Rosie O'Donnell isn't quite as good looking as Emily Ratajkowski. Not quite elite and special.

When that ball gets kicked off this Saturday you'll be forced to cheer, be forced to get excited when we win.

Won't be watching Saturday.. but should we beat Nebraska (and knowing our curse, we probably will), I'll look like:

giphy.gif

or

scsc.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll only start considering beating my chest if we start 8-0... At that point I might have something to be proud about.
The chestbeating will be hilarious when and if we beat Nebraska. This program has won a big OOC game nearly every season for the past 10 years. But once we go into conference play is when the brakes fall off.

I'll only start considering beating my chest if we start 8-0... At that point I might have something to be proud about.

I imagine we'll see 'call out moper' threads if we somehow go 4-0 in September, only to go 1-3 in October, and then 2-2 in November. Hooray! Once again a fast start to 7-5. The words 'progress' and 'process' will reach critical mass, and Moron & Co. stay on again.

Advertisement
Back