Let me tell you a little bit about Jamar Cheney

Advertisement
Would be awesome to get Gillespie but Manny would have to make him DC to get him here and I don’t think Manny wants to give that up this year. Would be a great addition to staff.
I’m good with making him DC and LB coach. Manny has to realize his role is that of a CEO. But like I stated, Gillespie is too obvious that Manny won’t look that way.

I’d much rather we reach out to Gillespie honestly. You’d get a good to great recruiter AND a great coach. Makes too much sense so Miami won’t even think about it. Great we get a good recruiter in Chaney but we need someone to coach the kids too. You get both with Gillespie. I’d even take Hankins over Chaney
Where is the proof that Gillespie is a good to great recruiter? Without knowing much about the guy, on the surface, that seems like trading Blake Baker for Blake Baker.

Young, energetic and willing to work on the trail. But we need someone who can get THIS particular room on point also

Advertisement
Who’s been around others?

im confused what you’re saying.
I’m saying, even if he was coached by manny for a szn, he’s been around other coaches who had influence. So I don’t get why there would be hesitance from that standpoint

Advertisement
Those are two of the names I’ve heard. Mike is who I was referring to as I grew up around his family. My best friend played ball with mike and Adrian from pee wee up. Those Santa Fe teams back then were unreal, they won a couple state titles and were ranked nationally.
Any thoughts on why they haven’t closed the deal with Chaney yet?

Advertisement
I’d go with a more experienced LB coach with a track record of developing LB’s.

No Chaney wouldn’t be in my top 3.

But I don’t have a problem with Manny bringing him in if he feels he will help on the trail.
What’s Peter Sirmon up to these days?

Advertisement
The last few weeks I’ve barely been on here , pretty overwhelmed with my business. So Im not too plugged in. Last I heard Cheney was the lead dog. That was a day or two ago. Something should be happening soon.
Same here, work has been crazy busy. Seems like Cheney has been the name for the past week, I thought it would of been done already.
Maybe this weekend.

Advertisement
Back