Let me tell you a little bit about Jamar Cheney

Advertisement
I’d much rather we reach out to Gillespie honestly. You’d get a good to great recruiter AND a great coach. Makes too much sense so Miami won’t even think about it. Great we get a good recruiter in Chaney but we need someone to coach the kids too. You get both with Gillespie. I’d even take Hankins over Chaney

I’m drawing a blank, Gillespie?

Advertisement
this is pretty much it. people just hate manny and anyone else hes hired regardless of performance. strikers have been good. now idk what work he did with Jose, but if he recruited Lou, then he deserves that credit.

now, like you guys have said, shoop is the experienced guy waiting in the wings. **** be there to help the green dudes if it is cheney
Hartley recruited Lou Hedley

I’d much rather we reach out to Gillespie honestly. You’d get a good to great recruiter AND a great coach. Makes too much sense so Miami won’t even think about it. Great we get a good recruiter in Chaney but we need someone to coach the kids too. You get both with Gillespie. I’d even take Hankins over Chaney
Would be awesome to get Gillespie but Manny would have to make him DC to get him here and I don’t think Manny wants to give that up this year. Would be a great addition to staff.

Does anyone else think Keontra can play MLB? Kid is a baller. Too good to be riding the bench behind Gil all season
Same with Chase smith. If he can gain some weight I hope he gets some looks at WLB
Was mentioned on a pod from TOS.

Advertisement
Hartley recruited Lou Hedley
People want to defend Patke as a ST corch because we had phenomenal kicking while completely ignoring that he's not a kicking coach, isn't responsible for Hedley being here, and Jose was recruited by the logo more than Patke. Meanwhile our kick/punt coverage and return units were below average, and apparently nobody on the 2020 team knows how to field a punt.

He did a good job as Striker position coach, though. Got a lot out of those 2-3 guys.

Advertisement
Saw where Manny was talking to Flake about adding a DC..asking for more money maybe ??? Or maybe the guy he’s thinking about has some questionable situations that have to be ok’d ?

People want to defend Patke as a ST corch because we had phenomenal kicking while completely ignoring that he's not a kicking coach, isn't responsible for Hedley being here, and Jose was recruited by the logo more than Patke. Meanwhile our kick/punt coverage and return units were below average, and apparently nobody on the 2020 team knows how to field a punt.

He did a good job as Striker position coach, though. Got a lot out of those 2-3 guys.
Agree and I think he’s ok but my biggest gripe with him is that I think it’s a position you put a stud recruiter in. There’s an opportunity cost in having him there versus someone who can do just as well of a job coaching but would do much better recruiting like a Devin Bush, Tevin Sims, Raymond Woodie or even reversing his role with Telly Lockette when he was here.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm crazy but if it was going to be Chaney, wouldn't it have happened already? Feels like something different (to be seen whether that means better) is going on here.

Because he is probably getting interest from multiple schools, and he is trying to figure out where the best deal is, without having to take a 15-day job.

Because he is probably getting interest from multiple schools, and he is trying to figure out where the best deal is, without having to take a 15-day job.

also, hes currently employed. gotta prolly sort out of contracts with MSU and such if hes the guy. I suspect well have a guy in there before spring practice

Advertisement
Back