Let me tell you a little bit about Jamar Cheney

Hire Cheney and get a more experienced guy to replace Patke. At the end of the day recruiting is the lifeblood of any college program. Guys like Cheney are valued. Not sure why Patke didn't get the Baker or Rumph treatment. **** I'd take Cheney and Peterson. Huge upgrade over anything with Patke involved.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m sure they did. They also had a Head Coach that was the play caller and is one of the biggest Air Raid revolutionaries in CFB History. So I’m going to go out on a limb and say that was more him since he was calling the plays and running the show. JMO.
who is this air raid revolutionary you speak of?

Those are two of the names I’ve heard. Mike is who I was referring to as I grew up around his family. My best friend played ball with mike and Adrian from pee wee up. Those Santa Fe teams back then were unreal, they won a couple state titles and were ranked nationally.
Whatever happened to Adrian Peterson? That dude was AMAZING at GA Southern and i heard it's only because of a bad speech impediment that he ended up there. However a QB from my high school was the QB for GA Southern Adrian's freshman and sophomore years. They won at least one title and lost to Mark Whipple of all people in the title game in 1999

Hire Cheney and get a more experienced guy to replace Patke. At the end of the day recruiting is the lifeblood of any college program. Guys like Cheney are valued. Not sure why Patke didn't get the Baker or Rumph treatment. **** I'd take Cheney and Peterson. Huge upgrade over anything with Patke involved.
Striker ( Frierson) and the st’s were two of the bright spots on the team last year so why fire him? Unless you just want manny’s boys gone just to say they’re gone.

Advertisement
Whatever happened to Adrian Peterson? That dude was AMAZING at GA Southern and i heard it's only because of a bad speech impediment that he ended up there. However a QB from my high school was the QB for GA Southern Adrian's freshman and sophomore years. They won at least one title and lost to Mark Whipple of all people in the title game in 1999
He passed up on bigger offers. His speech played into it. He had a really bad issue with his speech. He also liked Gsu because they ran they exact same offense Santa Fe ran, from terminology on down to playing the exact same position in the flex bone. AP was very quiet and very humble, still the same cat as when we were 16. You’d never know he has millions in the bank by how he dresses , acts and lives.

Good people , all of the Peterson’s.

Striker ( Frierson) and the st’s were two of the bright spots on the team last year so why fire him? Unless you just want manny’s boys gone just to say they’re gone.

this is pretty much it. people just hate manny and anyone else hes hired regardless of performance. strikers have been good. now idk what work he did with Jose, but if he recruited Lou, then he deserves that credit.

now, like you guys have said, shoop is the experienced guy waiting in the wings. **** be there to help the green dudes if it is cheney

patkes position group on d was good unlike baker or rumph

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure he took a job at Gsu in 18. Haven’t seen him since then.

Funny story after UF lost to Gsu he showed up at my boys house , he busted in the door doing the gator chop and laughing lol.

Those who don’t know watch his college highlights sometimes. Over 9000 yards rushing and 111 tds. Two nattys.

this ... talent can cover a multitude of sins ... in regards to special teams, now it's about finding the right kickers at lower levels and bring them in for big time exposure, patke should be watching vid on punters this upcoming season ... in regards to kicker, hopefully we're set there for a few years with borregales ... in regards to coaching strikers, with the talent we've brought in, striker position looks good as well ... chase smith has all the measurables and keontra smith is still here ...

Funny story after UF lost to Gsu he showed up at my boys house , he busted in the door doing the gator chop and laughing lol.

Those who don’t know watch his college highlights sometimes. Over 9000 yards rushing and 111 tds. Two nattys.
I had the opportunity to see his last year in person at good old Paulson Stadium.

He was the original AP and a beast at toting that rock.

Advertisement
Those are two of the names I’ve heard. Mike is who I was referring to as I grew up around his family. My best friend played ball with mike and Adrian from pee wee up. Those Santa Fe teams back then were unreal, they won a couple state titles and were ranked nationally.

i remember mike Peterson - freak athlete, no? Didn’t realize he was related to Adrian Peterson of gsu days.

He passed up on bigger offers. His speech played into it. He had a really bad issue with his speech. He also liked Gsu because they ran they exact same offense Santa Fe ran, from terminology on down to playing the exact same position in the flex bone. AP was very quiet and very humble, still the same cat as when we were 16. You’d never know he has millions in the bank by how he dresses , acts and lives.

Good people , all of the Peterson’s.
I’ve heard the same things about AP as a person. Just a really down to earth and good dude. Thank you for the insight

That’s a great story about doing the chomp after they lost hahaha. Yea when I asked the question I read up on him. He’s at GA Southern.

Advertisement
Honestly, I’ll take a guy who can evaluate talent and recruit over a coaching savant at almost every position coaching spot.

at certain spots yes. a good dc can teach his position coaches imo, but hard to teach someone to recruit

LB is much like RB in the sense that 80% of the playing the position is INSTINCTUAL.
It's nowhere near as technical as D-line or DB. You guys are over-emphasizing the whole "development" thing.

In a perfect world your DL coach would recruit/develop a kick-a$$ D-line that would allow your LB's to use their instincts, run free and tackle everything that moves.

The guy with the best nose for the football plays LB, and that's not something you can teach. You also can't teach speed, intensity, a dog mentality and "want to". You RECRUIT those traits.
You can develop little nuances and techniques like striking/defeating blocks, pass drops, tackling, etc...but you can't even get to the point of USING THOSE THINGS unless the kid is going in the right direction first.
Joseph Sikora Smoking GIF by Power

He’s only been at Miss St since December.

And one size doesn’t fit all, just because Rumph didn’t work that doesn’t mean the same applies to every coach.

I’m not telling you he’s a HOF’er & the greatest Coach alive, I’m simply laying out the logic behind why Manny would be interested in him. You’re entitled to feel as skeptical as you like.

I am TOO. I’m not sure how people don’t understand that my personal picks are not who the staff always picks, I posted my list already, Chaney wasn’t on it.

I’m only on board with it from a recruiting standpoint.
I’d much rather we reach out to Gillespie honestly. You’d get a good to great recruiter AND a great coach. Makes too much sense so Miami won’t even think about it. Great we get a good recruiter in Chaney but we need someone to coach the kids too. You get both with Gillespie. I’d even take Hankins over Chaney

Advertisement
Back