Let me tell you a little bit about Jamar Cheney

Advertisement
Who would you guys want if it were between Chaney and Mike Peterson from South Carolina? I don't know much about Peterson
Those are two of the names I’ve heard. Mike is who I was referring to as I grew up around his family. My best friend played ball with mike and Adrian from pee wee up. Those Santa Fe teams back then were unreal, they won a couple state titles and were ranked nationally.

Last edited:
That’s are two of the names I’ve heard. Mike is who I was referring to as I grew up around his family. My best friend played ball with mike and Adrian from pee wee up. Those Santa Fe teams back then were unreal, they won a couple state titles and were ranked nationally.
Obviously you may be a little biased but how do you think he would do down here

Obviously you may be a little biased but how do you think he would do down here
Dude is one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen. He went feom qb to rb his last year just to get my boy on the field. Who was a better passer but a jit. They won state.
But culturally he’ll be fine , no nonsense guy though. Kinda like T Will. I don’t know how good he is as a coach but like I said he’s a super smart football guy. He was also a really good player in the league, definition of a “ dog”.

Dude is one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen. He went feom qb to rb his last year just to get my boy on the field. Who was a better passer but a jit. They won state.
But culturally he’ll be fine , no nonsense guy though. Kinda like T Will. I don’t know how good he is as a coach but like I said he’s a super smart football guy. He was also a really good player in the league, definition of a “ dog”.

couldn't find the post but is this about Cheney or someone else

Advertisement
Agreed. I'm struggling to think of any of the top LBs from my era (I'm 35) that didn't ball as freshmen.

Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan were tackling machines out the gate. Jon Vilma was good from Day 1 but only waited a year because Morgan was in front of him. Sean Spence was making plays against UF in his first college game. Even Shaq and Pinckney combined for 145 tackles, 17.5 TFLs and 6 sacks as true freshmen. Jon Beason and DJ Williams played offense as freshmen but were starters after that.
Colin McCarthy was good his second year

How are his recruiting skills? Seems like he would fit in and hit the ground running.

Advertisement
Hova I thought was a problem. I know Knox, Hevesy and English were problems. I don’t know who Chaney was responsible for. I don’t think he was on field anyhow.

The Gaytor got a Top 10-12 class over the past couple of years. SOMEBODY was doing the recruiting, and as you accurately point out, it wasn't Hova, Knox, Hevesy, or English.

Chaney was very instrumental in how The Gaytor even got close to the Top 10 in recruiting.

Unless he leaves with Lashlee I’d bet on it, co oc at the very least.
I see he was OC at Kansas and Arizona State. Anybody know how he was as a playcaller at those stops? And were they running the same/similar offense to Lashlee?

How is he as a recruiter?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shame we didnt pursue Jammie. Hes an NFL player for sure and wouldve been a day 1 starter here.

Is there smoke on Peterson? I mean as much as the chatter on Chaney

Given that Peterson is currently a LB coach at an SEC school seems to give him an advantage over Chaney who has zero on field coaching experience.

But, as others say, follow the follows on Twitter and it looks like Chaney is the target...

Is there smoke on Peterson? I mean as much as the chatter on Chaney

Given that Peterson is currently a LB coach at an SEC school seems to give him an advantage over Chaney who has zero on field coaching experience.

But, as others say, follow the follows on Twitter and it looks like Chaney is the target...
Twitter told us Major Applewhite and Fedora was a done deal.

Advertisement
Back