Let me get this straight

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Mark Richt follows possibly our worst ever head coach who followed at the time our worst head coach who followed an OC made HC who rode the coat tails of possibly the best ever assembler of talent, and you are ready to send his *** packing after we
lost to our rival by one at home in our first prime time game in a while?

I understand *****ing about what happened. I also understand we divide ranks between haters and apologists very quickly around these parts. There are some problems. Some of the problems are Richt problems. Some of the problems are problems he has inherited. The proof of our improvement will be very apparent over the next three weeks.

Unless you are saying the Richt we got will be like the Spurrier USC got, Richt is a **** of an upgrade over what we have had.

Advertisement
imur, nobody is arguing if Richt is an upgrade over Golden or that 12-0 is/was the goal for this season

However, with that said, it is fair to be critical of how Miami was coached last night in a rivalry game versus a wounded foe

That game was there to be won and to make a statement. It didn't happen and some of it at least can be attributed to coaching decisions

Isn't that fair game to discuss? Nobody is talking of flying any banners or putting up 'For Sale' signs on Richt's lawn

I think Richt is a great find of a Head Coach, that being said. We might need to find a savage of an OC. Our lack of use of our TE's last night is baffling to say the least. We should have been feasting over the middle all night.

There's dozens of other threads right now discussing that very thing. Flying banners and calling for Richts head and all that nonsense. Loved the way our players fought in the game and the new urgency and toughness they have exhibited. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this program...

imur, nobody is arguing if Richt is an upgrade over Golden or that 12-0 is/was the goal for this season

However, with that said, it is fair to be critical of how Miami was coached last night in a rivalry game versus a wounded foe

That game was there to be won and to make a statement. It didn't happen and some of it at least can be attributed to coaching decisions

Isn't that fair game to discuss? Nobody is talking of flying any banners or putting up 'For Sale' signs on Richt's lawn

This guy gets it.

Advertisement

Absolutely!

You don't see an over reaction from some posters?

The turning point last night was Kaaya's int. Richt made some mistakes. I didn't see mistakes in preparation, well defensively for sure. How much of what we did offensively was limited due to Richt, Kaaya, the OL, TEs, RBs, or (still ticked) ******* wideout drops?

The simpletons have decided there is no grey area.

This guy gets it.

Agreed!

Too bad we haven't all responded the way K9 has!

Advertisement

It is funny because I think there is a lot of gray. I think some folks are too black/white

Absolutely!

You don't see an over reaction from some posters?

The turning point last night was Kaaya's int. Richt made some mistakes. I didn't see mistakes in preparation, well defensively for sure. How much of what we did offensively was limited due to Richt, Kaaya, the OL, TEs, RBs, or (still ticked) ****ing wideout drops?

imur, lol, in all fairness to you I'll take your word for it. I try and be selective in the threads I open based on the headline and poster. Ive got no time for trolls or obvious attempts at being divisive.

There is an influx of banner fliers on the board today. Something about another board being down.

Advertisement

It is funny because I think there is a lot of gray. I think some folks are too black/white

Who are all these guys calling for Rick to be fired?

I'm all in with Coach Richt, he doesn't know Brad Kaaya that well. But he isn't the type to turn a blind eye to save someones feelings, I know he's starting to see things he doesn't like about Kaaya's game. Things that no one can coach. I believe majority of this teams issues are bc of the QB, and this program wont reach it's potential until he is gone.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/conspiracy-theory-richt-mole-fsu/103177

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/fix-westendzone-com-mords-asylum-comin/103083

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/soft/103024

Over reactions to me. I think it is the extreme highs and lows. We are undefeated and 10th in the nation and we back. Then we swing to Richt and Kaaya suck, we could have kept Golden to be third in Coastal.

Yes we have issues. Yes Richt needs to get better. We are better after 5 games than we have been in some time. I do think the next 3 weeks are absolutely critical. It is more about how we play than anything else. No moral victories. I thought before the season we would be 9-3 or 8-4. How we get there is important to me.

Advertisement

By the way, I don't know if anyone really is saying to fire Richt.

By the way, I don't know if anyone really is saying to fire Richt.

As Chise said in another thread, no reasonable poster on this board is saying that. Richt's playcalling and that decision not to try an onside kick with 1:38 left, when you would need to get a 3 and out stop anyhow...that dumbfounds me.

Unfortunately, Mark Richt did not make Jimbo Fisher look like his Al Golden so I changed my signature. Talk of getting rid of Richt or flying banners at this time is counter productive and crazy talk.

I noticed that my downvote count is up markedly today and I don't know any of the perpetrators but there is another board that's down today. Hmmmm????

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back