Let’s talk about James Williams

Advertisement
Overrated. Physical freak, yes, fine, but he’s not a smart player. At least he doesn’t seem to have much awareness on the field. I don’t see what the raves are about. Had a nice interception against Georgia Tech, sure. Good for him.

The only thing he does consistently well is talk ****.

Advertisement
Overrated. Physical freak, yes, fine, but he’s not a smart player. At least he doesn’t seem to have much awareness on the field. I don’t see what the raves are about. Had a nice interception against Georgia Tech, sure. Good for him.

I don't really he's a freak, he's just tall for no reason, he doesn't use his physical attributes in any effective way. I've always felt and expressed that he's massively overrated. The guy just doesn't make plays, he's very little functional impact this year or throughout his career, to be honest. The dude is a mixture of Ahmad Carroll and Jimmy Williams from Va. Tech. A lot of hype, not a lot of substance.

I don't really he's a freak, he's just tall for no reason, he doesn't use his physical attributes in any effective way. I've always felt and expressed that he's massively overrated. The guy just doesn't make plays, he's very little functional impact this year or throughout his career, to be honest. The dude is a mixture of Ahmad Carroll and Jimmy Williams from Va. Tech. A lot of hype, not a lot of substance.
By freak, I meant 6-5, 220lbs, bigger than your average safety.

And yes, he’s overrated, likely because of his physical attributes. Certainly not on his overall play.

Advertisement
There were multiple times a Miami defender would make a play, celebrate and talk ****, and UNC would go tempo and the Miami defenders would be caught out of position on the quick snap.

I saw multiple times last night where UNC receivers were uncovered and thankfully UNC ran the ball

James has played well this season. Idk if he was suppose to help on that Walker bomb but other than that he appeared to be executing his assignment.

Advertisement
JW is my opinion is not a starter. He gives up too many big plays and most of the time is very late to make a play. What he does well is taunt and take stupid penalties. Just the type of player that embodies UM over the past 15 -20 years. If I was Mario I would sit him down permanently and give some of our young players a chance. I would sit TVD and play Williams and Brown. TVD is not a winner!

Like I have always said there will never be another ST26. He was a generational talent that if ever we see one again it will not be in this generation. Tried it with Ray Ray and now with James and it cost both defenses huge plays through the air. But like Ray Ray he will make his money at LB at the next level

Advertisement

Physical freak, maybe, but he's not a Safety.

Most NFL HOF Safeties that was part of their game. Derwin James has cost the Chargers two losses already with unsportsmanlike penalties. They are live wires w/anger issues.

Advertisement
Back