Let’s Play Dos: Chicken Chokies @ Canes Series Finale Approx 6:30 p.m

We’re starting to produce at the plate, and if we get quality starts from Ziehl from here on out, this team has a lot of potential.

We knock Gino a lot on here and this weekend wasn’t mistake free, but the lineup changes this weekend were spot on and the rotation switch has made a difference (except Rosario, that’s hopeless).

We earned this sweep and just looked like the better team, VT’s bullpen is a disaster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Awesome weekend. Didn’t see a Sweep coming.

Now the real season starts. Nc State and Va Tech are solid but a bit over valued. I’m still not going to get too high on this team yet because the let downs are wearing on me. We thought they could score in bunches and they continue to prove that. But we are going to start seeing better staffs and pens.

Wake, FSU (not great but a rival), Uva, UNC, Lvill and Gtech(not sure they are all that either. If we could come out of this winning 4 of the 6 series.

Then Pitt and Duke which are series I’d expect us to win. We’d be likely sitting around 19-20 wins.

Just need to win most mid week games if we could get to 20 Acc wins

Advertisement
1679191606768.gif

Awesome weekend. Didn’t see a Sweep coming.

Now the real season starts. Nc State and Va Tech are solid but a bit over valued. I’m still not going to get too high on this team yet because the let downs are wearing on me. We thought they could score in bunches and they continue to prove that. But we are going to start seeing better staffs and pens.

Wake, FSU (not great but a rival), Uva, UNC, Lvill and Gtech(not sure they are all that either. If we could come out of this winning 4 of the 6 series.

Then Pitt and Duke which are series I’d expect us to win. We’d be likely sitting around 19-20 wins.

Just need to win most mid week games if we could get to 20 Acc wins
That's the recipe, then carry it over into conf tourney and regionals.

I can't remember Miami ever hitting this many HR's at this point in a season, I believe it 39 at this point.

Advertisement
Team BA in conference play is .335 with and OBP of .450. Yoyo actually has the lowest BA and OBP, .227 and .333 respectively, of our six players with a qualifying number of ABs.

Team ERA is a concerning 6.00. Ziehl has a 0.69 ERA in 13 ACC innings. Ligon is at 5.73 and Rosario has a league ERA of 14.62. Lequerica comes in with a solid 3.00 in three innings of work.

Advertisement
Team BA in conference play is .335 with and OBP of .450. Yoyo actually has the lowest BA and OBP, .227 and .333 respectively, of our six players with a qualifying number of ABs.

Team ERA is a concerning 6.00. Ziehl has a 0.69 ERA in 13 ACC innings. Ligon is at 5.73 and Rosario has a league ERA of 14.62. Lequerica comes in with a solid 3.00 in three innings of work.
Wins and losses aside, at what point is it just more to humane to take Rosario out of the rotation.

Well done
It's going to be interesting to see what this team is made of. Do they have the killer instinct to sweep VT or are they content with the series win? Do the bats stay hot? They should be well into the hokie bullpen. If we see a lot of UM strikeouts, then the guys are not focused.

I'm really interested to see how they start the game.

The same thing goes for Rosario. He seems to be a victim on the mound when faced with adversity. He's the opposite of Ziehl who is a bulldog ready to bite your leg.

Rosario needs to pitch like the hitter stole his wallet and the entire VT lineup was in on it.
I was more interested in how they finished the game than started it. They did good!

Advertisement
Back