Let’s not let this get ugly

100% agreed. I like Manny, he tried - he's not afraid to make changes when needed - he's just not it, not ready, and not capable of being a championship coach right now, maybe never. Whether or not CMD needs to fired immediately is above my paygrade, but I don't harbor any ill will towards him.
So did Dr. Kevorkian and he got the same results as Diaz.

Advertisement
You are trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist. This BOT isn’t firing anyone anytime soon.
As soon as we lose an ACC game that we shouldn’t lose (cough Virginia cough) I think Blake is gone. Message has to be sent this isn’t acceptable. The anger I witnessed yesterday was where I was years ago. It’s different, now.

Concerned about recruits LOL. Recruits can see Manny does not play freshmen. They are not coming either way. Players know he’s a dead men walking and these kids talk. He needs to be fired in season to give recruits hope. Get an alpha like Mario and this class will be salvaged and we’ll prevent a mass transfer. The only thing preventing guys like LT from already doing so is because he hears the rumblings.

Fire Blake and let Manny finish the year. It’s not his fault he wasn’t ready for this and he tried. He shuffled coaches rapidly and it’s still not working. He can maybe figure out the HC thing at a lower division.
We don’t need to get ugly about it and fly planes, trash the players etc like past years. The school needs to see this and make the move.
Let’s be professional and admit it’s not a fit and move forward a positive plan because we are a coach and a couple recruiting classes away from competing for the ACC title every year.
I agree with this in principle but if it doesnt get ugly I doubt any change will take place.

Advertisement
Not sure WTF this means beyond a ridiculously bad false equivalency...
I was being a smartass to the "he tried" comment. I will give you plus three million reasons per year why that statement is ludicrous. If incompetency equates to trying, then this guy tried by killing this program which was already all but terminal. Maybe my smartass comment is a little more analogous then I originally thought.

As soon as we lose an ACC game that we shouldn’t lose (cough Virginia cough) I think Blake is gone. Message has to be sent this isn’t acceptable. The anger I witnessed yesterday was where I was years ago. It’s different, now.
It wasn't any better in 216. There is a loyal group of season ticket holders who are near the end of the road. We actually moved from 220 to 216 and we picked up seats from folks who had them for 12 consecutive years. They did not renew. The folks behind us have seen ticket holders for 34 years. They aren't going anywhere but others were not happy whatsoever we talked to at halftime.

People spend a lot of money. It ends up being a 7-hour day and a real commitment. Folks have better things to do. Even a root canal would have been a better option than that second half.

Concerned about recruits LOL. Recruits can see Manny does not play freshmen. They are not coming either way. Players know he’s a dead men walking and these kids talk. He needs to be fired in season to give recruits hope. Get an alpha like Mario and this class will be salvaged and we’ll prevent a mass transfer. The only thing preventing guys like LT from already doing so is because he hears the rumblings.
LT not playing doesn’t mean he doesn’t play freshman. Kim hens and Williams have played every game and Brinson this week.
Everything else I agree with. It needs to be known sooner than later a new regime will be coming. Whether is Blake in season so we can get an AD by end of season. New AD brings the new coach.

Advertisement
Totally agree. USC fired their coach and had a true freshman Jaxson Dart come in and throw for 400 yards and 4 touch downs when the starter got hurt. They routed WSU on the road and the players all showed up.

Could be Miami with bold action.

This is so stupid. If one of your employees sucks at his job are you gonna let him finish off the year?

These people deserve no respect from anybody. They take your money and flush it down the toilet. Make it awful. Make your voices heard. Demand more and don’t stop til you get it.

You sound like one of the cucks that had his business shut down by the gov’t, took the crumbs they gave you in place of that, and said, “thank you master, may I have another?”

He will never be ready
He'll get an DC gig and be fired within 2 years and that will be that. He really benefitted from D'Onofrio being horrendous. Despite the stats and rankings in 2018, his defenses failed us in crunch time. I looked at my son after Borregales missed the 27-yarder and told him Michigan State will go down and score because that is exactly what a Diaz coached team does. Right on queue they go right down the field and go up by 10. It's his signature.

Advertisement
I was being a smartass to the "he tried" comment. I will give you plus three million reasons per year why that statement is ludicrous. If incompetency equates to trying, then this guy tried by killing this program which was already all but terminal. Maybe my smartass comment is a little more analogous then I originally thought.
If you really work at the pentagon than you know many who are completely incompetent getting promoted with pay increases. Men attempt feats and fail, Manny believed he could be successful. He's not and will be let go. You too should let it go. Blame mgmt.

Last edited:
I realize what OP is saying;

Manny reminds me of Malik Rosier - it wasn't his fault he was the starting QB at The U; Richt told him he'd never start. But there he was leading us to the first 10 win season and only Coastal Title. Most of the fan base the next year was calling for the kid's head while the other empty pairs of shoes in the QB room were suspended, under achieving, didn't know the play book, could'nt unseat him and generally ****ting on their team. What was Rosier supposed to do say he didn't want the starting position?

It wasn't Manny's fault Miami hired him given the little experience he had, I mean can you blame him for pursing the Job? It's what most coaches aspire to and I bet he made a good case (Dad was the former Mayor, etc). I like Manny, and its nothing personal, just biz. This is year 3 as HC and year 6 in the program and we're stuck in Ground Hog Day.
Unknown.jpg

Fire Blake and let Manny finish the year. It’s not his fault he wasn’t ready for this and he tried. He shuffled coaches rapidly and it’s still not working. He can maybe figure out the HC thing at a lower division.
We don’t need to get ugly about it and fly planes, trash the players etc like past years. The school needs to see this and make the move.
Let’s be professional and admit it’s not a fit and move forward a positive plan because we are a coach and a couple recruiting classes away from competing for the ACC title every year.
It's all his fault. Do you want a medical student doing brain surgery. He knew he wasn't ready for a big time program. And all other colleges knew it too. No job offers except temple

Advertisement

NEVER should we trash the players.

This starts at the very TOP.

President, BOT, AD, Head Coach.

I've been to a number of circus's over the years - and this is the most complete, largest clown show I've ever seen.

Because it doesn’t have to happen. That whole charade is just an ugly look at the school. You want to sell recruits, show them how you conduct business. Get out in front of a nasty look. This isn’t about Manny.
Your point is understood. But this most certainly is about Manny. He is the HC, no?

Advertisement
Back