Lessons for Canes from the UF/LSU Game....

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
Sun Tzu teaching about the Art of War: Know your enemy....

Lesson 1: We lucky Trask wasn’t QB for our game— he and the UF WR’s would have RAPED our CB/Safeties... holy sh*t did you guys see all those out passes and those tough catches they made all game long against tight-assed coverage by LSU?

Lessons 2: Our D backfield has ALOT of work to do to learn how to blanket WR’s like LSU and UF are able to do

Lesson 3: Our WR need to be making the kinds of tough catches LSU/UF WR’s were making yesterday— almost everyone was hotly contested and challenged and yet the WR caught 90% of the passes. Our WR need to learn that kind of fight for the ball

Lesson 4: Our D front needs to learn how to close the lane for a scrambling QB like LSU/UF yesterday. We would have been gashed to death by their QB’s yesterday because our pass rush usually leaves a giant HOLE for the QB/RB to hit

Lesson 5: QB quick release— almost every pass thrown by UF/LSU happened within 2-3 seconds of the snap. This robs the D of time for pass rushing. JW and NKosi are taking 3-5 seconds and allowing the D to overwhelm our OL.

Lesson 6: Wide-out passes were our strength against UVA— just like it was for UF/LSU yesterday. This spreads the D laterally and can open up lanes for option runs and dump offs to crossing TE/WR plays

Lesson 7: I LOVED THE Run/Pass OPTION plays from both UF/LSU — the QB is able to keep eyes down-field and the D is having to wait to last second to know if it’s a hand-off or pass.... we need this kind of set up to keep the D back on their heels.

Advertisement
We contained the best running QB in the country on Sat. Scratch #4 off the list. Our DBs and safeties are very inexperienced. Having a Grant Delpit back their protects the CBs. LSU pass rush left plenty to be desired . We have better DE's then they do.
LSU's defense isnt as good as touted . Their offense won the game for them.

We contained the best running QB in the country on Sat. Scratch #4 off the list. Our DBs and safeties are very inexperienced. Having a Grant Delpit back their protects the CBs. LSU pass rush left plenty to be desired . We have better DE's then they do.
LSU, in addition to delpit, has fulton who us a top 2 round pick maybe and stingley who was the #1 corner in the country

Stingley -who was lit up by Jefferson all game. Fulton was very good but got gassed in the 4th quarter and had to come out.

Advertisement

Lesson 1: We lucky Trask wasn’t QB for our game— he and the UF WR’s would have RAPED our CB/Safeties... holy sh*t did you guys see all those out passes and those tough catches they made all game long against tight-assed coverage by LSU?

Lessons 2: Our D backfield has ALOT of work to do to learn how to blanket WR’s like LSU and UF are able to do

Lesson 3: Our WR need to be making the kinds of tough catches LSU/UF WR’s were making yesterday— almost everyone was hotly contested and challenged and yet the WR caught 90% of the passes. Our WR need to learn that kind of fight for the ball

Lesson 4: Our D front needs to learn how to close the lane for a scrambling QB like LSU/UF yesterday. We would have been gashed to death by their QB’s yesterday because our pass rush usually leaves a giant HOLE for the QB/RB to hit

Lesson 5: QB quick release— almost every pass thrown by UF/LSU happened within 2-3 seconds of the snap. This robs the D of time for pass rushing. JW and NKosi are taking 3-5 seconds and allowing the D to overwhelm our OL.

Lesson 6: Wide-out passes were our strength against UVA— just like it was for UF/LSU yesterday. This spreads the D laterally and can open up lanes for option runs and dump offs to crossing TE/WR plays

Lesson 7: I LOVED THE Run/Pass OPTION plays from both UF/LSU — the QB is able to keep eyes down-field and the D is having to wait to last second to know if it’s a hand-off or pass.... we need this kind of set up to keep the D back on their heels.
None of this surprises me coming from a gator fan.

That's funny because I don't remember us playing Jalen Hurts who has 600+ yards rushing this year.

Must be a hapless gator fan

Advertisement

My takeaways

Coordinators matter more in each passing year.

We didn't have to hire Dan Mullen per se, but we were thinking correctly in hiring that type of coach and system. Too bad we talked ourselves out of it.

The UF DBs weren't blanket anything, they gave up over 100 yards to two different receivers and are total pussies in run or YAC support.

Arranda was gashed plenty. Sometimes a good playcaller just has your number.

Advertisement
Too bad the refs picked up the flag in the end zone on our last drive. Would have had a really good chance of winning if they didn’t.

None of this surprises me coming from a gator fan.

I used to watch JJ coach Steve Walsh, Cleveland Gary, the Playmaker and stood on the practice field as a student trainer and spoke to Jesse Armstead, Michael Barrow whom I know personally...

Kid you weren’t even a sperm in your Daddy’s balls when I was on Greentree field watching practices and rooting for the Canes in the old Orange Bowl.

Know who your talking to boy...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I used to watch JJ coach Steve Walsh, Cleveland Gary, the Playmaker and stood on the practice field as a student trainer and spoke to Jesse Armstead, Michael Barrow whom I know personally...

Kid you weren’t even a sperm in your Daddy’s balls when I was on Greentree field watching practices and rooting for the Canes in the old Orange Bowl.

Know who your talking to boy...
I know who I'm talking to. I've seen your posts and you don't know **** about the history of UM.

Not impress at all with either defense : UF DB's were known for coverage / not good tacklers / now they do neither . Hated LSU defensive scheme there DL put almost no pressure on the UF QB. UF defense got totally exposed, no one impressed me. Our misfortune was we started and all freshmen line against them UF. Now Joe Burrows was impressive

Advertisement
Back