Leslie Frazier

Advertisement
He would need to surround himself college guys who know the game IMO, also I've heard his defenses are complex to understand... are college kids going to be able to learn and understand it when theyre juggling a million other things as well?

Identifying, recruiting and developing talent in college is different than the NFL

Been coaching in the NFL for 20+ years and 60+ years old. I doubt he'd have the desire or the energy to enter the college football world again. He left it and never looked back. Some coaches just love football. And he seems like one of those.

College football coaches have to do so much more than just coach. Recruiting 365 days a year, fundraising, boosters, academics, compliance, now NIL, discipline, dealing with athletic director and administrators and trustees, dealing with and schmoozing parents. And then coaching on very shortened timelines/practice schedules because of school etc.

It's a unique profile of a coach to be able to do it all well.
Bingo!!!!

With the exception of Coker, the rest of our Natty winning coaches were NFL guys, so I wouldn't mind going that route. We need somebody that can identify NFL traits beyond looking for the low hanging fruit of 5 stars.

Advertisement
ability to identify talent and recruit and to form a staff that can recruit has to at the top for us

True.
Which is why it is key to hire a proven college coach who is strong in those attributes you cite.
The infatuation with coaches simply because they work in the NFL is odd.

This is now a diarrhea gif thread.

1634133139132.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back