Les Miles staying at LSU

Advertisement
This is like so totally fun for us isn't it?

Me you franchise thread killa and whattheheck are like so totally smart and informed!

Let's come up with a plan. Maybe we should keep Scott and go after some big names next year.

Or maybe we should offer that really big name from bowling green or North Dakota?!?!

What do you so super smart posters think?! We're going to make the biggest splashiest most expensive hire in UM history. Anybody but Butch. Who should we get?!?!?!

Where are the SEC slurpers? Those who were convinced big bad LSU, who nobody knew had a football team until Saban got there, was going to come take Jimbo from FSU?

Awesome news for us.

are you just assuming he's staying or is there a link?

Just on the ESPN postgame.

disappointed. know it would have been unlikely to get him, but still a pipe dream. He could have killed in coral gables

Stop trolling dude

Nobody is trolling. Idiots on here think Butch Davis 20 years removed from glory and a few short years after a very average UNC tenure is better than les miles who has owned college football (other than playing Saban) the last decade?

I would honestly like to see someone with reason try and tell me that Butch Davis at this point in time (2015) is what's best for the University of Miami.

Are you going to tell me that les underachieved? That he lost to Arkansas? How about Butch losing to unranked ECU...TWICE.

How about Butch Davis not having the team prepared and losing to an absolute garbage Washington team that had no reason even being in the game, which ended up costing us a national championship

They flew banners to get rid of Butch, now they are flying banners to hire actual coaches and not recruiters.. Guess what Butch is, a recruiter.

If it weren't for Nick Saban(I hate Saban but he's the best coach in the game next to Meyer) les miles would have at least 3 national championships right now. He's 3-5 against Saban so not completely one sided (and two overtime losses)

Also we haven't been relevant in 15 years so all of a sudden les miles 111-33 at lsu and 41-24 against ranked teams isn't good enough for us? What was Al Golden record against ranked teams again? and the majority of this board wanted him hired

Thank what ya want and try to re live the glory days if you'd like but the whole world outside of Miamis fan base knows it. It's just time for people to wake up and see its 2015 and not 1995

Last edited:

disappointed. know it would have been unlikely to get him, but still a pipe dream. He could have killed in coral gables

Stop trolling dude

Nobody is trolling. Idiots on here think Butch Davis 20 years removed from glory and a few short years after a very average UNC tenure is better than les miles who has owned college football (other than playing Saban) the last decade?

I would honestly like to see someone with reason try and tell me that Butch Davis at this point in time (2015) is what's best for the University of Miami.

Are you going to tell me that les underachieved? That he lost to Arkansas? How about Butch losing to unranked ECU...TWICE.

How about Butch Davis not having the team prepared and losing to an absolute garbage Washington team that had no reason even being in the game, which ended up costing us a national championship

They flew banners to get rid of Butch, now they are flying banners to hire actual coaches and not recruiters.. Guess what Butch is, a recruiter.

If it weren't for Nick Saban(I hate Saban but he's the best coach in the game next to Meyer) les miles would have at least 3 national championships right now. He's 3-5 against Saban so not completely one sided

Also we haven't been relevant in 15 years so all of a sudden les miles 111-33 at lsu and 41-24 against ranked teams isn't good enough for us? What was Al Golden record against ranked teams again? and the majority of this board wanted him hired

Thank what ya want and try to re live the glory days if you'd like but the whole world outside of Miamis fan base knows it. It's just time for people to wake up and see its 2015 and not 1995

What I've been saying.....we can do a lot better than Butch. If he's the fallback option fine but people crowing him based off work done 15 years ago here is just asinine.

Advertisement

Stop trolling dude

If it weren't for Nick Saban(I hate Saban but he's the best coach in the game next to Meyer) les miles would have at least 3 national championships right now. He's 3-5 against Saban so not completely one sided (and two overtime losses)

Whoh.. Hold on. That Washington team finished in the top 5 and beat us by 5 or six points. Back then Washington team was a ***** to play at home and everyone struggled there. We just lost to a good team at home 3500 miles away. Don't hold that one against Butch.

Stop trolling dude

Whoh.. Hold on. That Washington team finished in the top 5 and beat us by 5 or six points. Back then Washington team was a ***** to play at home and everyone struggled there. We just lost to a good team at home 3500 miles away. Don't hold that one against Butch.

The quarterback we had was also starting his first game in college. He didn't lose until his last.

Stop trolling dude

they had 1/10th of the talent we did was the point i was making, sorry

Stop trolling dude

That garbage Wash team, finished ranked 3rd

Les owned College football, LSU has had the most talent on nation for a decade and he continues to choke it away

Larry coker has a better winning % than Les, its talent around these average coaches

This isn't about Butch, its Les being average, don't let your hatred of butch cloud you

Advertisement
Les is a good coach in that he has maintained a really well built program. He's not an Xs and Os guy though.

The best thing LSU has going is it's elite S&C program---which Saban brought in when he took Moffitt.

Stop trolling dude

That garbage Wash team, finished ranked 3rd

Les owned College football, LSU has had the most talent on nation for a decade and he continues to choke it away

Larry coker has a better winning % than Les, its talent around these average coaches

This isn't about Butch, its Les being average, don't let your hatred of butch cloud you

fair enough I see what you're saying. It is indirectly about butch however in my opinion, because most the board is begging for this guy to be coach and then begging for us to turn down coaches like miles

-I see the other side to the Washington debate, however looking back on both teams in hindsight, we had a far greater team. either way, i'll concede on that one but the fan base was ****ed when it happened, I can tell ya that much!

-LSU has averaged 8th best recruiting class and achieved that and then some in rankings consistently so not best in the nation in terms of talent if that's what we're goin on

-Coker floated on butch's recruits and let the dynasty fall apart in 3 years. Miami gave coker the benefit of firing him right away otherwise his win percentage would have dipped. Les has gone 11 while recruiting and continuing success...something we don't know about at miami any more

I'm not even a les miles fan. Just think it's funny people think Fuente from memphis and herman from Houston and Chud, Schiano, even lane kiffin! are better hires than someone who has proven success in the best conference over the last ten years.

either way doesn't matter, he's stay at LSU. However, Miami would have been lucky to have him and in my opinion, he's a much better candidate than any of the fan favorites on this board who haven't proven anything and won in sorry conferences against little to no competition

Les is a lot like Saban and they believe in having a good defense and especially a hard hitting secondary... Problem for Les is that he couldn't adjust like Saban.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back