Leonard Taylor to Jets

Advertisement
Where r all the ppl that were arguing with me that this kid was a 1st rounder.

They're being read this book on their daddy's lap

GKsDo5GaYAA5wgt.jpg

Advertisement
Explain how please. Or at least clarify. Us clowning him affects us badly in recruiting? Or him failing to put in the work and then becoming an UDFA affects us badly?
Kirby Smart & Mike Norvell are going to point at LT to recruits & tell them that's what happens to 5 stars at Miami

I'll put most of it on him for certain.

Having said that, come GameDay, we've got some seriously high paid professionals that are charged with getting him ready for it. They do not get a pass. With the portal, seeing him day in and day out, if he isn't it come GameDay, again it's their job to find someone who will.

I also find it highly coincidental that the majority of our guys tested very poorly leading up to the draft. You've got years of time to prepare for that, so my question is why did they do that poorly.

I know it's the in thing to blame the former players for everything, but if that's what you want to do, sell me on the idea that these coaching salaries being justified for what they are.
Here’s why:

-Non were athletically elite
-non took it seriously during there 3 years here
-non took it seriously post season draft training.

Advertisement
Here’s why:

-Non were athletically elite
-non took it seriously during there 3 years here
-non took it seriously post season draft training.

I find that amazingly coincidental. In particular when they spent more time with Mario and company than the previous guy. When everyone tests low and we've got guys that were considered elite athletes coming in, there's a problem. Again, mostly on them, but nobody on this staff apparently did them any favors. I'll say it as well, the handlebar sucks.

It's almost entirely on the players.
Saban and Kirby have busts too, but nobody notices them because they're backed up by other blue chippers. You're telling me Nick and Kirby ain't developing kids? Of course they are.

Who developed Xavier Restrepo? He's been in the same program that Leonard Taylor and James Williams has.

Basically every program is doing the same **** in terms of development. Everything in football is shared and/or stolen. Nobody's inventing ****. They're all doing the same drills, working the same amount of hours, emphasizing the same things, etc etc etc. Nobody's making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

In 17 years of coaching I haven't had one single kid who turned out better in college than we thought he would, no matter what program they went to.
I'm sorry, I've had one. Rashad Weaver, who went to Pitt and now plays for the Titans.

Now, I will say this. Lack of accountability and/or a relaxed culture can lead to complacency and thus less development, particularly for those players that need a push. (like a Leonard Taylor)
That was Manny's biggest issue. But he's an outlier. Most college coaches ain't as soft as him.
Yeah. This one is on Leonard Taylor.

His literal peers...Mason Smith and Michael Hall, same class, similar grouping in rankings, declare early, all have questions.

Leonard Taylor out produced both. Career 64 tackles, 21.5 tfl, 6 sacks. That bests both of those players.

They were both drafted in the 2nd round. That's when he should have been drafted. That was when the run happened. That's when he would've been picked.

How poorly must you have shown up to your job interviews? How much negative feedback are you getting from the general information gathering? ...to get you undrafted? No one had him on their board or was just not a draftable player. Did anyone give him a positive review to any team?

The only other reason that happens is some sort of medical issue no one is aware of.

So idk.

We’re on the same page.

I don’t think he’s successful at any program.

His work ethic has always been less than ideal.

I was always a strong believer that $ would motivate him. It had the exact opposite effect on him. It exacerbated an underlying problem by giving him more resources to feed it.

It’s not drugs. Kid is HEAVY into gaming.
That's embarrassing. If you're going to have a vice, be a drunk, gamble, or get into fights like a real man.

Advertisement
Where r all the ppl that were arguing with me that this kid was a 1st rounder.
LT never played at a level to even start IMHO , he should have been benched due to lack of effort.
He’s in for shock of his life at the beasts he will now see these monster will shuck him off .
as a fly .

He’ll be one of first ones cut Jets especially have no time to raise a child to maturity Jets HC head is on the chopping blocks even now.

Keeping a major project like LT will assure a HC firing.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see how the Jets vets help/don't help him. If he's smart, he'll make sure to buddy up to one of the locker room leaders - Sauce Gardner , for example. Sauce is a big "gamer" too but he's also a football junkie. LT could learn a lot from him...

It will be interesting to see how the Jets vets help/don't help him. If he's smart, he'll make sure to buddy up to one of the locker room leaders - Sauce Gardner , for example. Sauce is a big "gamer" too but he's also a football junkie. LT could learn a lot from him...
Oh he’s going to get a lesson for sure no doubt about it .

LT never played at a level to even start IMHO , he should have been benched due to lack of effort.
He’s in for shock of his life at the beasts he will now see these monster will shuck him off .
as a fly .

He’ll be one of first ones cut Jets especially have no time to raise a child to maturity Jets HC head is on the chopping blocks even now.

Keeping a major project like LT will assure a HC firing.
If we had any talented depth, I would agree with your take about not starting. We were stuck.

As for what happens with the Jets, I hope like **** LT grows up. Odds are he will not.

Advertisement
Back