Lendale White admits to receiving $150,000 at USC

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
In a very recent interview on Barstool, former USC running back Lyndal White admitted to receiving $150,000 at USC. He said he entered his apartment and the money was there. My first thought was that this is greatest burglary in history wherein the burglar leaves money.

My second thought was whether we can ever admit that every single great college football and basketball program of the past 40-50 years (yes that include UM‘s dynasties) was built on money/services/gifts being provided to players. I do not believe there is a single exception amongst the championship winning teams, not one.
Now I am a proponent of college players making money but I am tired of the narrative of how school X just has a great coach or program or S&C or Nutrition program which account for the success. Sure it helps to have Saban as a coach, but he was not a good coach with the Browns and dolphins, only better than average with MSU. All of a sudden he’s the greatest coach at LSU and Bama? Nonsense. What Saban has is the biggest budget, over and UNDER the table (now NIL).

So when Steele and Mario say they learned how to do things at Bama, I believe they are not just talking about training and culture, but more so about paying for the best players. Long and short of this rant is that UM needs to go full Texas A&M to win big. Bring in Joe Brady and Rex Ryan as coordinators next year and it won’t mean a thing if we don’t have much better players. Bring in the studs up and down the roster and we win with Gattis and Steele.

Advertisement
It's the main reason why Coach K is such a punchable fraud.

Duke paid kids just as much if not more, **** Zion got WAY more than Lendale White, and Coach K would sit behind any microphone he could find within a 100 mile radius and just be EGREGIOUS if you even suggested that a kid at Duke got a dime. Just STFU dude, your kids are getting paid, our kids are getting paid, all the kids are getting paid.

In a very recent interview on Barstool, former USC running back Lyndal White admitted to receiving $150,000 at USC. He said he entered his apartment and the money was there. My first thought was that this is greatest burglary in history wherein the burglar leaves money.

My second thought was whether we can ever admit that every single great college football and basketball program of the past 40-50 years (yes that include UM‘s dynasties) was built on money/services/gifts being provided to players. I do not believe there is a single exception amongst the championship winning teams, not one.
Now I am a proponent of college players making money but I am tired of the narrative of how school X just has a great coach or program or S&C or Nutrition program which account for the success. Sure it helps to have Saban as a coach, but he was not a good coach with the Browns and dolphins, only better than average with MSU. All of a sudden he’s the greatest coach at LSU and Bama? Nonsense. What Saban has is the biggest budget, over and UNDER the table (now NIL).

So when Steele and Mario say they learned how to do things at Bama, I believe they are not just talking about training and culture, but more so about paying for the best players. Long and short of this rant is that UM needs to go full Texas A&M to win big. Bring in Joe Brady and Rex Ryan as coordinators next year and it won’t mean a thing if we don’t have much better players. Bring in the studs up and down the roster and we win with Gattis and Steele.

Hope he's got a good tax attorney...

I agree with everything but A&M they are proof that it takes more then buying your recruiting class.

Advertisement
Just throwing money at a problem never works.
It might patch things up for a while but it never does.
I’ll pay for talent if I’m a coach. But if all your looking for is talent and nothing else you end up with dudes hotboxing the locker room before a game. You end up throwing money away at dudes that have gotten by on talent alone and don’t know how to react to competition and commitment.

Advertisement
Technically speaking; no. Lol. It makes materials it comes in contact w/ wet.
Alonzo Mourning Gave The Backstory Behind His Iconic Head-Shaking GIF

Advertisement
Back in the 80s I worked with some older USC fans, the kind that were fans since the late 50s, early 60s. They used to joke about Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, and other star players driving a different expensive car around campus every season.

Advertisement
I agree with everything but A&M they are proof that it takes more then buying your recruiting class.
Definitely but my point is that you simply can not, and have not been able to win, without paying during my lifetime (I’m 51).
Of course like anothing it si important ot pay the right players, have competent coaches, etc…

Advertisement
Back