Lemons de-commits again....

Advertisement
I know we're desperate for talent, but kids like this are the ones you find yourself scratching your head over years later. I'd be surprised if his college career amounts to much. We should stay the **** away.

You guys do NOT want Malik Davis. Trust me

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

what did you see?

Yeah. Spill.

This would be the first time I've ever heard someone questioning Davis. So consider me interested in what you have to say. His film is outstanding.

Based on what.
I just don't think he is as great as his highlights make him look.

1. Despite breaking the county rushing record, his competition is just not very good at all. And that's being nice.

2. They give him the ball just about every down now. With his slim frame, I just don't think he will hold up

3. Most around here that has seen him play just isn't that impressed with him. Besides his speed, nothing else really stands out about him.

I'm not saying he will be a total bust, but don't expect him to come in and be an every down back. He would be a decent change of pace back but that's only if we have another workhorse on the roster.

Fair enough and thanks for answering.

The speed is nice, but what really stands out to me is his burst when he sees where he wants to go. He has ELITE burst getting to his too end speed as fast as anyone I remember.

All the yards and touchdowns, what's his yards per carry average? That's one thing I haven't seen and would give some clarity on how much they work him.

Edit: The competition looks decent sized on film. Running backs can certainly benefit from it unless you're named Robert Burns. Homer's competition in high school left a lot to be desired and until proven otherwise with pop-up schools like Oxbridge, I'm a bit leery of recruiting too many from there. Homer's film looks good though, not Davis good though.

Last edited:

what did you see?

This would be the first time I've ever heard someone questioning Davis. So consider me interested in what you have to say. His film is outstanding.

Based on what.
I just don't think he is as great as his highlights make him look.

1. Despite breaking the county rushing record, his competition is just not very good at all. And that's being nice.

2. They give him the ball just about every down now. With his slim frame, I just don't think he will hold up

3. Most around here that has seen him play just isn't that impressed with him. Besides his speed, nothing else really stands out about him.

I'm not saying he will be a total bust, but don't expect him to come in and be an every down back. He would be a decent change of pace back but that's only if we have another workhorse on the roster.

Fair enough and thanks for answering.

The speed is nice, but what really stands out to me is his burst when he sees where he wants to go. He has ELITE burst getting to his too end speed as fast as anyone I remember.

All the yards and touchdowns, what's his yards per carry average? That's one thing I haven't seen and would give some clarity on how much they work him.

Edit: The competition looks decent sized on film. Running backs can certainly benefit from it unless you're named Robert Burns. Homer's competition in high school left a lot to be desired and until proven otherwise with pop-up schools like Oxbridge, I'm a bit leery of recruiting too many from there. Homer's film looks good though, not Davis good though.
Idk his specific stats but I'm at the Lakeland vs. Kathleen game and AJ Davis is a better pure running back then both Malik Davis and Lemons

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back