Legit Question about our Receivers

That WR group is embarrassing. Nice kids apparently but suck at football. Pope Harley and Wiggins are total non factors and if we are to believe the depth chart they are the best we have. Pathetic. I can’t think of a power 5 team with worse wrs.

Advertisement
Dual sport isn’t always about skill. It shows a competitive drive. Wanting to play multiple sports rather than compete in the underwear olympics is a mindset thing
Lol oh so your telling me if our WRs didn’t play basketball or baseball growing up they wouldn’t have more skill? Child please go drink some warm milk and go back to sleep

What you’re talking about is the difference between a tackle football player and a 7 on 7 star. It’s in part the reason I rail against 7 on 7 evaluations so often. You can be good at 7 on 7 and it transfer over to tackle football, but what you show there is not sufficient.
THIS x1000. We've got guys who are 7on7 stars. Playing WR is not all about 1on1 juke moves in shorts. Wiggins, Harley and Pope are not physical whatsoever. There was one play in the second half when we were taking a shot in the end zone and the little Venables kid just knocked Wiggins down going after the ball. Didn't fight for the ball at all and just crumpled to the ground. Just got outworked and outhustled.

I sorely miss the tenacity of Ahmon Richards. Last standout WR we've had here, and we need guys like him in order to take that next step.

I’m of the mindset to just start Redding, Smith and Payton. See if that works. Why be loyal to older guys simply because they are older? Always been the silliest thing ever. That loyalty isn’t there for dudes like Burns, Herbert and Hillery, why is it there for McCloud and the WR? No difference they are all subpar. Stop looking at the classes and play the beet guys. And actually factor in game performances not just PRACTICE, into the decision.

I agree that the starting WRs (POPE, Harley and Wiggins) didn’t play well, but the OL and QB play wasn’t good either. King doesn’t get a pass either. King may have made 1-2 good throws all night. King is a great runner, though. Clemson basically crowded the line of scrimmage, committed to stop the run, and dared us to beat them over the top and we couldn’t. We now have to be careful because this is how teams will defend us moving forward for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Present wr group magnifies pi ss poor recruiting for last 3 years by offensive staffs. Remains to be seen how we recruit wr s with current staff but almost impossible to be worse

What you’re talking about is the difference between a tackle football player and a 7 on 7 star. It’s in part the reason I rail against 7 on 7 evaluations so often. You can be good at 7 on 7 and it transfer over to tackle football, but what you show there is not sufficient.
I kept mentioning this last night. That’s all we have are 7 on 7 stars

Advertisement
My favorite is Likens saying Pope and Payton are first round talents. I loved likens but he sounds like a delusional corch

Play our young guys or teach our RB’s to run routes so we can move them around and have them on the field as weapons

*whispers* the majority of south Florida WR’s don’t run through contact they’re all mostly 7 on 7 superstars. It translates for the elite and for the others well..

Advertisement
Yall don’t think Ezzard, Hightower, and Jeff thomas could have helped us last night? We have had alot of misses but we have also just let kids walk off the team. same thing at CB

I like our underclassmen. Redding, Smith, Payton, and Restrepo need snaps. Let's see what they have. They've shown signs with limited snaps.

what is this obsession with Payton coming from
He had multiple chances yesterday and didn’t do anything

the only young guys who seem to make plays is Redding and smith

As of right now we don't have an NFL guy in that entire room. I was holding out hope on Wiggins to break out because of his size/speed combo but he's just not a #1 ACC WR at this point. Its time to get the young guys serious snaps or replace some of the starters because the guys we have in there are a liability at this point

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back