Legit ( offseason ) Question - Last Great HC / OC at Miami ?

Savage Cane

Redshirt Freshman
HC - Ed Reed
OC - Ken Dorsey - 2001
(DC - Radio šŸ˜‚ )

In all seriousness who made the most waves at Suntan U ? Schnelly ? Erickson & his trips base set ? Ruthless JJ ?

I'm at a loss. I've watched so much poor coaching here, I'm having a hard fathoming watching a well coached Miami Hurricanes unit. Particularly the offensive unit.

Last time I checked scoring the most points determines the victor in Football. You know 2acres + a ball & all...

Feel free to toss any and all names you think would stop the bleeding. ( imo only by removing Mork will we stop hemorrhaging )

Would guys like E Reed šŸ or Kenny ( not to be confused with Kenneth šŸ¤¦ ) help or hinder? Culture, Pride, Intensity?

( imo certainly can't hurt to have H.O.F. In teaching position if they can transfer the knowledge )

IMG_0217.JPG

Advertisement
Last good coach was Butch. Great recruiter and developer of talent. He sucked as an x's and o's coach though. Last great OC was Erickson. I struggle to call Chud a great OC because in the Fiasco Bowl, tOSU could not stop K2, but rather than go to him in the second half all game long until they stopped him, he kept trying to force the run. The run was opening up a little, but with McGahee going down pretty much shut that door.

Last great HC/OC was dennis erickson
In 2000, the Butch Davis/Larry Coker combo wasnā€™t too shabby, but I get your point. During Ericksonā€™s years our offense was still viewed as innovative and our defenses were very much elite. We were undisciplined as **** on and off the field, but from a scheme and talent standpoint, that might be the last high-water mark.

Last good coach was Butch. Great recruiter and developer of talent. He sucked as an x's and o's coach though. Last great OC was Erickson. I struggle to call Chud a great OC because in the Fiasco Bowl, tOSU could not stop K2, but rather than go to him in the second half all game long until they stopped him, he kept trying to force the run. The run was opening up a little, but with McGahee going down pretty much shut that door.
Butch always sucked as a gameday coach with time management worse than Radio. Stop it guys. Please stop.
If you're talking position coach or perhaps even DC, maybe Butch. But CEO? No, no, no, no, no.

And just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Mark.

butch&marksux.com

Advertisement
Here's the difference between Mark and Butch's in-game strategies:
Mark is in a dead-like state of tranquility and it trickles down to the team
Butch is a nervous wreck, sweating profusely, looking confused and it trickles down to the team

Players play like their coaches coach

#noMarknoButch

Butch always sucked as a gameday coach with time management worse than Radio. Stop it guys. Please stop.
If you're talking position coach or perhaps even DC, maybe Butch. But CEO? No, no, no, no, no.

And just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Mark.

butch&marksux.com

I can accept Butch because we saw what he can do when he has a full deck. He helped clean up the program and got rid of the thugs that were giving us a bad name but he wasn't going to pull out the upset by outcoaching the guy across the field. We saw that repeatedly. He never beat anyone he wasn't supposed to, but like I said, I'll take him with a full deck. It doesn't mean, I'll take him now. I'd rather go in another direction because lightning doesn't strike twice. At least not in football.

Here's the difference between Mark and Butch's in-game strategies:
Mark is in a dead-like state of tranquility and it trickles down to the team
Butch is a nervous wreck, sweating profusely, looking confused and it trickles down to the team

Players play like their coaches coach

#noMarknoButch

Funny but true.

Advertisement
2019 HC will be Morcus Rickets unless he has "health issues" or something like that and he chooses to step down.
2019 OC will most likely be Morcus Rickets. 100% unless there was actually any bite in what Flake James said following the Wisconsin Bowl. Doubtful.

Advertisement
Back